• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ATF's 'new' B-10 & B-15 are now available

Brettafett

Jacket just arrived. First impressions are that its nice enough.
The materials are good, lining is not alpaca, b ut its very soft and comfortable.
Pattern seem good, although the zipper is exposed like a B-15 and the the waistband (imo) should be a bit longer.
The colour is great, the knit parts are good, the mouton collar is soft and fluffy.
But...
I doe not fit. Im getting used to saying this, I no am no longer surprised.
This is an M, just like my Tanker, but it fits snug, esp in the armpits and across the back, and also a touch short. Im 5'10
This would be perfect for someone 5'8 and of regular build. Anyone in the UK interested, Ill put up in the F/S section soon.

jerome35

Jacket just arrived. First impressions are that its nice enough.
The materials are good, lining is not alpaca, b ut its very soft and comfortable.
Pattern seem good, although the zipper is exposed like a B-15 and the the waistband (imo) should be a bit longer.
The colour is great, the knit parts are good, the mouton collar is soft and fluffy.
But...
I doe not fit. Im getting used to saying this, I no am no longer surprised.
This is an M, just like my Tanker, but it fits snug, esp in the armpits and across the back, and also a touch short. Im 5'10
This would be perfect for someone 5'8 and of regular build. Anyone in the UK interested, Ill put up in the F/S section soon.

Such a pity, I hoped, after all these troubles to have it, it would have suit you and help you to forget problems.

ausreenactor

Thanks Burt.
Yes, its ok. We both know the score. Sometimes you take a chance, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.
I still see this as a cool hobby.
My curiosity can be costly, I need to reign it in a bit..
I just realised I need an ELC short sleeve OG-107 shirt at GBP 165...

WO2 Dasher Wheatley VC wore one.....

dav3469

Mine arrived today. I am very pleased with the jacket. Based on the sizing descriptions, I went with the XL (45-48). My ELC is a 50, and I felt that ATF’s XXL (50-52) might be tent like. However, I was also concerned that if the ATF ran closer to the 45 than the 48, I would be out of luck.

At least for me, the XL seems towards the 48. The fit is not “much” different than my 50 ELC, the ATF being a bit short at the front, but still covers the belt buckle without doing the stretch around routine. Not a perfect fit, but really my ELC wasn’t either. Successful dieting and exercise has recently seen a 20 lb loss of weight, and still improving. ( 6’ 265). So I expect fit to improve, as long as I keep improving.

As far as quality, I second Brettafet’s thoughts. Very comfortable, not itchy, and not flimsy. Construction is robust in my opinion. Mouton collar is “thin”, but thats ok with me. My ELC collar looks like the after pic of going to the hair stylist, whilst the ATF looks like just woke up..lol..

I understand the hassles and cost increases due to shipping issues, having said that, if your not worried, or don’t have to about shipping; and ELC/Buzz/McCoy’s “accuracy levels” are not in your mission statement on this, you will be pleased in my opinion.

ausreenactor

Mine arrived today. I am very pleased with the jacket. Based on the sizing descriptions, I went with the XL (45-48). My ELC is a 50, and I felt that ATF’s XXL (50-52) might be tent like. However, I was also concerned that if the ATF ran closer to the 45 than the 48, I would be out of luck.

At least for me, the XL seems towards the 48. The fit is not “much” different than my 50 ELC, the ATF being a bit short at the front, but still covers the belt buckle without doing the stretch around routine. Not a perfect fit, but really my ELC wasn’t either. Successful dieting and exercise has recently seen a 20 lb loss of weight, and still improving. ( 6’ 265). So I expect fit to improve, as long as I keep improving.

As far as quality, I second Brettafet’s thoughts. Very comfortable, not itchy, and not flimsy. Construction is robust in my opinion. Mouton collar is “thin”, but thats ok with me. My ELC collar looks like the after pic of going to the hair stylist, whilst the ATF looks like just woke up..lol..

I understand the hassles and cost increases due to shipping issues, having said that, if your not worried, or don’t have to about shipping; and ELC/Buzz/McCoy’s “accuracy levels” are not in your mission statement on this, you will be pleased in my opinion.
Great to hear..