• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are The Real McCoy fighter jackets really worth the price tag?

mulceber

Vera, you're too classy for her. :) She was very clearly looking for something like this, but with vintage militaria:
il_fullxfull.2797568206_tbyj.jpg

bseal

Had a RM B-6. Sold it as it was very restrictive in the waist regardless of the fasteners/zippers. Over the years owned four of their A-2s, one of them (The Few) was recently acquired by Grant. Sold another to CBI for peanuts. Also owned a horsehide AN6552 by The Few. Nice materials, not a fan of their knits. Prefer my Good Wears; better patterns and the ability to customize as opposed to solely shortening the sleeves [Paddy was exceedingly pleasant to work with though].

Last edited:

Kermit3D

She can wear her B-6 any way she wants, I have no problem with that.
On the other hand she implies that we know nothing about it... and that our help and explanations are of no interest to her.

This "lady" seems to have removed all her messages, making the subject incomprehensible and useless for the community.
This is the proof of her disdain.

... it doesn't matter, I learned about the B-6 Poughkeepsie and that's the main thing. ;)

Fturk

Jjnn
She can wear her B-6 any way she wants, I have no problem with that.
On the other hand she implies that we know nothing about it... and that our help and explanations are of no interest to her.

This "lady" seems to have removed all her messages, making the subject incomprehensible and useless for the community.
This is the proof of her disdain.

... it doesn't matter, I learned about the B-6 Poughkeepsie and that's the main thing. ;)
kermit. With due respect. You’ve never handled a McCoy so you wouldn’t know the quality compared to its peers. Secondly you don’t know that McCoy uses 1/4 inch wool pile in ALL their shearlings for less bulk and the cut is updated to modern day style. I’ll only listen to people who have owned or handled any McCoy leather/ sheepskin jackets to compare to the other brands. Unless they have, they’re not in the position to declare as overpriced.

Kermit3D

Jjnn

kermit. With due respect. You’ve never handled a McCoy so you wouldn’t know the quality compared to its peers. Secondly you don’t know that McCoy uses 1/4 inch wool pile in ALL their shearlings for less bulk and the cut is updated to modern day style. I’ll only listen to people who have owned or handled any McCoy leather/ sheepskin jackets to compare to the other brands. Unless they have, they’re not in the position to declare as overpriced.

Oh ! Are you still here ? :)

1. Why did you delete your messages ? It makes the subject incomprehensible. The principle of a forum is to share information, maybe in the future, other people would have found useful information in this thread.

2. It seems to me that it is not up to you to tell me what I know or what I do not know.
If Real McCoy produces all their sheepskin jackets with 1/4 inch identical fleece then to make them "modern", then they don't care much about their authenticity... and I'll let you debate that with the other members.

3. You will only listen to people who have owned Real McCoy jackets... blah blah blah.
I don't think you are ready to listen to anyone who disagrees with you.

Otter

I have seen a couple of young (20's) lassies in almost B3 jackets recently, is that the latest fashion trend ?