• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are The Real McCoy fighter jackets really worth the price tag?

Fturk

Only those that have owned or tried on a McCoy shearling jacket need respond coz it’ll be first hand experience. If you think it isn’t worth the money without trying on or owning one then I’m afraid your judgement may be clouded coz affordability may be an issue for you.

I have concluded after close inspection the Real McCoy shearling jackets are NOT worth the price. For £3k I would expect all pelts to be matching, which they are not. The B6 I received had one smooth side but the other side had a stripy grain running across one side which is only visible under lighting. One can buy a superior quality fashioned garment for the same price. This B6 is only worth £1.5k. No more. Therefore I am returning it. I hope this helps other people to not waste their time or money. Overall the stitching is perfect and they use old machines dating back to the 1940’s hence the steep prices BUT if they aren’t going to match the pelts then it is not worth the money classifying it as just average. Secondly there is no mention anywhere on their site which sheepskins they use for the fighter jackets. I think the vintage quality prior to 2001 would’ve been better but the ‘new’ McCoy is not worth it!

B-Man2

Ok, now that’s a fair assessment, and an honest acceptable opinion. Had you have provided that initially, without some of the pomposity and attitude, your thoughts on the jacket might have been challenged but respected. So let’s start over ……… Welcome to VLJ ….. why not tell us a bit about yourself in our new members section.
Cheers
Burt

Pilot

As for everything, individuals may give their subjective perceptions whether they feel an item or a service is too highly priced or not… The REAL (paying) market will be the judge and decider…( Co’s with too highly priced merchandise or services …dont survive… business rule N#1 ).
Apparently TRMcC’s has no selling, nor any business problem… ( except with some here who never owned one of their jackets :) ) so their prices are fully suiting to their buyers and clientele…One may be happy with these facts or not… this is another problem.
Happy New Year…!

Last edited:

Fturk

Well after all that I’m going to keep the jacket as it has loosened up since trying it on several times in the last few days that even if I returned it, I doubt they’ll accept the return. The tags are all still attached but regardless, there are creases in the sleeves and it’s already kinda moulded to my shoulders, the shoulders have dropped. It suits me. So I’m keeping it. Yes I know everyone here says otherwise but like I said before, I wear my shearlings a certain way. I have a mens UGG shearling coming too this week. The tan with the cream sheepskin panelling in front. Will see if I can roll the sleeves on that otherwise will return but length is perfect on it. I think this covid boredom has prompted a lot of ladies to online shopping, buying stuff they don’t actually need! Looool.

Fturk

As for everything, individuals may give their subjective perceptions whether they feel an item or a service is too highly priced or not… The REAL (paying) market will be the judge and decider…( Co’s with too highly priced merchandise or services …dont survive… business rule N#1 ).
Apparently TRMcC’s has no selling, nor any business problem… ( except with some here who never owned one of their jackets :) ) so their prices are fully suiting to their buyers and clientele…One may be happy with these facts or not… this is another problem.
Happy New Year…!
You make some valid points. Their clientele are the higher end of the market!