• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anything and Everything A-1

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Doug C said:
Domestic Capeskin.... just large fleeceless sheepskin leather, no ? Or is there actually such an animal ?

Capeskin or Cape Leather- Terms used for the glove and garment leather made from sheepskins with the natural grain preserved. Must be qualified as "Domestic Capeskin" if not made from South African hair sheep.

sheepusa.org

Doug C

thanks david, I'm sure I've read that quote before.. but obviously at a point when I never thought I'd have to retain it. But now that I'm in the market it makes locating capeskin leather a little easier, since it seems nobody in the industry uses the term. I appreciate it.

alcon

For those lucky and proud owners of the ELC A-1 I need your help please. I'm going to have a custom A-1 made and would like to know the outside measurements of the ELC pockets (length and width) and the distance between the pockets and the buttons. Looking at the original A-1 on the ELC site, it's where I want my pockets to be (I'm a 42R if that makes a difference. Thanks in advance for your help. I tried posting this question a while ago but, it never appeared. If I've duplicated something that has been posted already, sorry. :)

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
alcon said:
I tried posting this question a while ago but, it never appeared.

Perhaps you hit Preview, instead of Submit. ;)

The pockets measure 5" x 5 3/4", and when buttoned they sit 4 1/8" apart. The left (button hole) pocket is 2 3/4" from the edge, on the right side it's 2 5/8".

Falcon_52

The material is capeskin (combination tanning). I would assume that means vegetable tanned and chrome retanned.

Noel

Dr H

According to XE, that's £1,340.05...steep?

I appreciate that this manufacturer is considered top end (and it does look good), but is it really such a more accurate/higher quality version than the ELC A-1, or the GW version?

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
' 10 F/W JACKET You started the development of A-1 which hits to the predecessor of A-2 in 1923. The completion of A-1 1925, proper form conversion is 1927, appearance of the zipper (1928) of course, domestic production of the urea button (1934) it has not been in time.

• * Material/cape skin: Combination tanning
    * lining/cotton 100%
    * button/water buffalo
    * color/low invar
    * For not yet arriving, as for order you receive as reservation

Doug C

Dr H said:
According to XE, that's £1,340.05...steep?I appreciate that this manufacturer is considered top end (and it does look good), but is it really such a more accurate/higher quality version than the ELC A-1, or the GW version?

Nah.. I agree very nice but no justifiable need for the extra scratch IMHO. Only for exclusivity reasons I'd say.

John Lever said:
Surely it's a Joe McCoys rather than RMNZ ?

Why??? it's nothing to do with Joe McCoy, and it's not an RMNZ jacket either, it's got a Few label sewn under the left pocket flap and was made at the RMNZ factory in CHC, just like your Few B-2, and all of the other Few jackets.....

Bevan

John Lever

bristolherc said:
John Lever said:

Why??? it's nothing to do with Joe McCoy, its got a Few label sewn under the left pocket flap and was made at the RMNZ factory in CHC, just like your Few B-2.

Bevan

OK, I only saw it listed under JM on the page header, all the details were in Japanese.
BTW I'm talking about he link to the web page, not your jacket !!

John Lever said:
bristolherc said:
John Lever said:

Why??? it's nothing to do with Joe McCoy, its got a Few label sewn under the left pocket flap and was made at the RMNZ factory in CHC, just like your Few B-2.

Bevan

OK, I only saw it listed under JM on the page header, all the details were in Japanese.
BTW I'm talking about he link to the web page, not your jacket !!

Ahhhhsoooh very sorry,

Grasshopper

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
John Lever said:
No problem, how about selling me the M444 as recompense .....

That RMJ link you just noticed, was posted back in August, John ... you're not deserving of a new woolly jacket just for that. :shock:

John Lever

I though Bevan was having a clear out ?
I do admire his ruthlessness though. I have jackets I never wear but can't part with them.