• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anything and Everything A-1

johnwayne

Without reading thru this 'War and Peace' of a topic, has anyone seen the latest BRicksons catalogue offering via Eastmans? There's a nice Olive A1 that takes my fancy but not even considering the exchange rate, I wondered if anyone had ever bought direct and how the sizing and ease of buying might be?
I really liked the look of GW's but JC says he's no suitable skins at present hence the A1 is currently not on his site. Have tried Eastmans but I dont know, somethings holding me back! Ive always thought an Olive one would be nice, as it certainly looks (unlike Lost Worlds which isn't!!!) in the BR catalgue.

Cheers
Wayne
PS might be tempted if anyones considering offloading a 44? Seem to keep missing out whenever they appear on the bay

johnwayne

'I can't see the jacket you mention on the BR Europe webpage'.

Hey John,
no its not on website itself but in 2010 Fall Catalogue - that cost £5 and ordered via the webpage!! It's sent via Eastmans, Ivybridge and post was £1 inc in the fiver!!
Unfortunately lots of the text is Japanese albeit theres English translation for much of it - I only got ity'day so still perusing thru it!!

Cheers
Wayne

John Lever

Ah thought so. I think Gary will do a special order for you, but they won't keep stock of any BR gear that competes with their range. So beware of huge import duties and no returns.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
johnwayne said:
... no its not on website itself but in 2010 Fall Catalogue -

It sounds interesting, but I can't find it online ... only that OD wool jacket. What sort of hide did they use?

johnwayne

............What sort of hide did they use?

The translations in the brochure arn't the best and I don't have it in front of me (I'm at work!)
but I think it is a lambskin. Also, if my memory serves me well and my calculations are right, at Y140,000 the cost is around £1070 before shipping!! Wow!!!!!!

Cheers
Wayne

bseal

airfrogusmc said:
Grant said:
The A-1 in the new Real McCoy's catalog looks really sick. Nice caramel color capeskin.
Are there any photos on line Grant ?

mj10101.jpg

collar.jpg

label.jpg

lining.jpg

knits.jpg

maccoyhp2010.jpg

mj10101s.jpg

Front.jpg

Front2.jpg

Grant

Here's a couple photos from the catalog. Check out the price (over 2K)!
Also a cool vintage photo of civilian aviators. The A-1 jacket style was quite popular in the 20's and 30's as a civilian jacket.

A-1-1.jpg

A-1group.jpg

Members online

Latest posts