• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A-11 watch purchase. Opinions.

Spitfireace

Like I say. The Elgin is nice. Maybe as you say, needs something to make it run better. At least its nice looking. I don't know, it's like a vintage car, it's either nice looking or nice running. The two are really expensive to achieve at the same time.

Pilot

Low cost countries products use a lot of radiation contaminated stainless steel ( nuclear waste or hospital radio contaminated SS ).. reprocessed in all kind of products… ( appliances, elevators etc.. ) also watch cases …
It also happened a lot in the 1970/80 with famous Japanese brands.
The Geiger counter ist not always in use by customs..but if entire containers are rejected.
See about contamination in SS.

Kermit3D

My Bulova A-11 from 1943 in sterling silver, sold by Brice, a great watch.

DSC_42772.jpg

If I may make a recommendation, buying an antique/vintage watch is a delicate matter that requires :
- either an excellent knowledge of the watch you are buying
- or great confidence in the buyer.

If you don't tick either box, then turn to Brice, he'll sell you a 100% legit watch and you won't have any nasty surprises.