• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A-11 watch purchase. Opinions.

s4rmark

I recently bought this A-11 from a dealer here in the UK for what I think was a good price. It’s a sterling silver Bulova 1943 contract. Any opinions welcome.
IMG_1202.png
IMG_1195.png
IMG_1193.png
i
IMG_1197.png

Last edited:

s4rmark

Thanks, I was very fortunate to find it on the dealers website, I couldn’t resist. Thanks to the good and knowledgeable people here I had a basic idea what to look for. the watch runs , winds and hacks well, just running a tad fast about a minute every 24 hours.

Happy Hooligan

Love the Bulova. I have one but I got mine at an estate sale. $5.00. Needed a new crystal as the radium destroyed the original. I think it cost about $200 to get it running again but that was 10 years ago.

Spitfireace

Nice case and running well with original movement. Original dial and hands. Crystal is usually replaced. The original crystal is usually yellow tinted from age and also cracked.

Spitfireace

I just bought a 43 Elgin. Nice case condition, movement is original, it's all original, but movement cost me 375 canadian to get it running at a minute fast.

Spitfireace

You know, I gave up watches when cell phones came in. But, you have to take out your cellphone, and look a it. A watch is right there on your wrist. Just look. I still appreciate that.