• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aces High Jackets

ausreenactor

Great website! Very well put together and sure to impress all who are fortunate enough to locate it.
:D :D :D

Now if another 'start up' pops up online next week there will be hell to pay!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Couchy

HHjackets

it looks good but it needs a bit of work.
i suggest you get the website designer to work on those meta/title tags etc search engines look for.
your site should be on the first page, if not the first link, when someone types: irvin jacket, sheepskin jacket etc
or Aviation Leathercraft will take their money !!

ausreenactor

Apparently Aviation Leathercraft are "the only people in the world making the real thing."

Who knew? And they have pockets....?? Bahahahaha! Tossers! :roll:

Couchy

Andrew

Great looking website Jon, congratulations on getting all this together. The more look at these the more I realize how much skill and effort has gone into their making. I wouldn't have the foggiest how to go about starting something like this, and I thought I had seen an original or two. You are bloody talented! Can I ask is it possible to supersize the images when you click on them?

Also, please please put a watermark on all your images as soon as possible otherwise your work will be nicked and you won't be credited!

stevetfire

John Lever said:
Not sure if it's just me but I can't find any prices on the site.
Hi John, prices are below each jackets description 825 plus postage...site looks great ,as do the Jackets....good job :)

jonnyboy

Hi guys,

Thanks for the positive comments about the website. I hadn't got round to publicising it yet, as it still needs a bit of work. It's good that it's up and running though, and is starting to feel more like a proper commercial venture now.

Thanks too for all the helpful comments regarding the functionality of the site - it's great to get feedback and find out how it could be improved. Eventually, I hope to have more photos on there, including lots of detail shots. I think it will evolve and develop a lot over the next year or so.

Ben - you mentioned on another thread about the earlier jackets having leather strip pullers, rather than the riveted ones. I can make those, and they should really be standard on the BOB pattern jacket. When I get more photos, I'll make sure that the BOB is shown with that type of puller. To be honest, I'm happy to attach either type - if a customer has a particular preference. A certain amount of customisation is always possible, as I make each jacket to order. Just don't ask for hand warmer pockets! ;)

Thanks,

Jon

philip.ed

Jon that's brilliant, thanks for replying.

I really do hope your venture takes off. I honestly think your jackets are works of art, and if I ever have the spare money to buy a repro Irvin I think I'll be coming your way.

The website is looking great, simple and effective. :D

Best wishes
Ben

fishmeok

Congratulations- It's very very hard putting yourself out there to try and make a go of it after putting so much time and energy into it. Your jackets look top notch.

I would like an Irving with hand warmer pockets, 2 inside pockets, a pouch at the back, and I would like that "slim fit" so popular with the lads these days. And can you make it out of suede and just glue some shearling on here and there just for looks? :roll: :lol:

Cheers
Mark

Andrew

Jon, just wondering. Are you planning to mark these in some way to permanently identify them as a repro? With a little wear they may well be passed off as originals. Perhaps a tiny fabric label sewn into one of the inside body seams a la the McCoys pocket label, or maybe a tiny branding on the leather (may be cheaper).