• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aces High Jackets

Andrew

Come on Tim just do it, as I type at 11 pm it's 17 deg on the Sunshine Coast and 8.7 in Melbourne. Surely reason enough? You have at least 2 more months of that and if you sold the ELC you wouldn't even notice it.

Smithy

Soren and Andrew, you boys are a bad influence ;)

Was nippy here last night Andrew, according to the thermometer it dropped to 5.6 here in the north east, and funnily enough I was wearing the old ELC in the garden for a glass of plonk last evening!

John Lever

Jon very kindly sent me a sample of the new sheepskin he is now using. It is very like that used by ELC 10 to 20 years ago, soft outer leather with very nice crimped wool.
It even smells good !

flyboy

Sounds better and better.
:D
Remembering all the soaking and drying and soaking and drying I went through, in order to get the right crimping on the Aero.

NW Carver

Well done John!

I can honestly say that his jackets are great - as the owner of his second test jacket, sized 40, which is breaking in nicely and now actually does fit over me, shirt and RAF uniform jacket but is still tight enough to wear with just a T-shirt or sweatshirt...if I want:)

I have just got back from the War & Peace show at Beltring and many of the re-enactors were convinced that I was wearing a NOS original - in fact one chap who is a good friend of mine and had been collecting RAF kit for over 30 years could not believe that the jacket was a repro! :)

He was surprised at how the leather looked identical in colour, feel and texture to his originals....If I had a couple spare, I could have sold them no problems! :)

Kind regards