• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

why suddenly lots people try to sell their GW?

MikeyB-17

It's the nature of this daft pastime of ours-you want something, you get it, you love it, then you live with it for a while and you find you don't love it as much as you thought. Then you see something else you want, so you sell the first one to pay for that-and the cycle continues. It's what we do.

jacketimp

CBI said:
I think a number of Good Wear owners have many GW jackets (I own 6 of them). We might be seeing some pruning of collections. Although I have no intention of selling any of mine, I do want get a few more for some "projects". If so, I will probably sell as few just to help fund the others. I think many of the GW customers are REALLY picky and can get hooked on finding THE jacket which can lead to multiple purchases for the quest ..............

i thought GW was the ULTIMATE?! so if they're still seeking does that mean they haven't got the measurements right?

i'm happy being an original A2 jkt-head......speaking for myself of course.

jacketimp

tcwu said:
and I can not find any ELC offer on e-bay? (only 1 or 2 now)
What's going on?
You guys have to wait couple weeks/months to get your GW A-2 and now you are selling them? Not quite understand!

how many gws now being floated...............4 ??

Swing

$$$$$$$$$$$

I know I've got two jackets (Buzz L2, ELC RW B-6) that I'm thinking of selling because I need the cash.

~Swing

havocpaul

Times are indeed hard for many of us, also as happened with Eastman in their early days, everyone wanted a jacket which increased as the hype (not used insultingly), 'must have' and excitement escalated. Gary had long waiting times back then too, maybe as things settle down John will get his waiting times down and some purchasers will take longer to consider their purchases (maker, size, etc) and choose a 'keeper'. I must say I would never have sold my GW Doni if my illness hadn't thrown my weight into a mess.

jack aranda

I agree with most of the comments made here about GW jackets--I cannot imagine letting go of mine. I'd like to add to my GW list with an A-1, in fact, if someone out there is thinking about getting rid of theirs. I wear a size 44, Dubow A-2 from GW. Although, I wouldn't sneer at an Aero or an ELC A-1.

Curahee

CBI said:
I am not still seeking. I LOVE my GW's, they are the best and any future purchases will be GW only. I recently passed up a mint ELC for $150 (here locally, has since sold) - I am completely "sold" on GW - in my case, I wanted differnt types: something in HH Seal Brown, something in HH Russett Brown, something in Goat, then John released a Seal Brown Goat, etc. I do some jacket painting and I have now been able to narrow down my top choices for the type of jacket to do art on. So, my future painting projects will be on Goodwear "canvas". For wearers (painted and not painted) its GW.

Yes, the are the best, that's why I want more than one.

Forgive if I'm wrong but didn't you post on a previous version of this forum that you were so very disappointed with your GW that you were done with A-2's all together ?(thhis after your wife or relative made a comment of the bad fit a scruffy look of the jacket) I believe you also said that your Aero real deal was your favorite.

A

Anonymous

Re my GOODWEAR LEATHER A2 18091 46" RUSSET GOAT ,I was hoping it would stretch a little across the pit to pit but in fact did not about an inch short .I did not want to use water on it to stretch it out because there were three ace signatures inside and they would probably bleed down the lining .The jacket was bought from John directly as one of his personal jackets and was not made specifically for me .I put it up on ebay to get money to buy Cjs goodwear jacket as it turned out he sold it to someone else and and I lost money and the jacket .Should of soaked the hell out of the jacket and kept it .That my story on why I had a jacket from goodwear and sold it .

All the best Jeff - minus goodwear A-2

CBI

I did the hot water treatment to a GW with 4 Medal of honor winner signatures on the lining. The ink did not run/blurr at all.

better duck

DUBOWA2 said:
I did not want to use water on it to stretch it out because there were three ace signatures inside and they would probably bleed down the lining

If you follow the hot water treatment guidelines provided by John "Buzzthetower" GoodWear Chapman, the inside doesn't get wet: you just soak the leather from the outside with hooooot water, then knead the hell out of the leather (be careful about the area around the pockets - more to follow on that one). Or: wet it and wear it till dry: the inside stays dry

better duck

CBI said:
I did the hot water treatment to a GW with 4 Medal of honor winner signatures on the lining. The ink did not run/blurr at all.
But that will mainly depend on the kind of ink used! some inks can easily run when wet. Therefore: HWT your jackets without wetting the inside, would be the safer bet.

CBI

Oh, I just dunk the entire jacket in the bathtub filled a bit with hot water. Never had any problems (done this to 15 jackets or so). The signature thing was just a one time deal, the only jacket I have with sigs.

jacketimp

Curahee said:
CBI said:
I am not still seeking. I LOVE my GW's, they are the best and any future purchases will be GW only. I recently passed up a mint ELC for $150 (here locally, has since sold) - I am completely "sold" on GW - in my case, I wanted differnt types: something in HH Seal Brown, something in HH Russett Brown, something in Goat, then John released a Seal Brown Goat, etc. I do some jacket painting and I have now been able to narrow down my top choices for the type of jacket to do art on. So, my future painting projects will be on Goodwear "canvas". For wearers (painted and not painted) its GW.

Yes, the are the best, that's why I want more than one.

Forgive if I'm wrong but didn't you post on a previous version of this forum that you were so very disappointed with your GW that you were done with A-2's all together ?(thhis after your wife or relative made a comment of the bad fit a scruffy look of the jacket) I believe you also said that your Aero real deal was your favorite.

well??