• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

White non-dyed B-3's?

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
John Lever said:
Very thick horsehide, IMO not suited to the design.

I thought you liked that jacket, John ... my horsehide A-1 also fits your description, but it's probably my favourite jacket.

John Lever

I did like it, but suspect it would never become worn in. In a different life I would have kept it..the usual, sell your best stuff to buy an inferior replacement.

Dr H

asiamiles said:
You might be thinking of Real McCoy's who have just introduced an A-1 into their lineup?

I'm sorry, my mistake - that's exactly the jacket that I saw. I was really taken by it, but not by the price...

I really like the A-1, not so keen on it in horsehide versions, love the GW version in capeskin, like the ELC but not to the same degree. However, this RM version has a real depth and character to the hide and I like the colour too.

Too early to see any re-sale versions yet though?

I was pondering on whether the A-1 would work in goat...

Dr H

garylarsoncomiccu9.jpg

Moo...Hey Ermintrude...is that a 'Few' B-3?

That's what I was thinking...

or

larsonchicken.gif

Vera looked around the room…and then it struck her, she’d left her ‘Few’ B-3 at home...

With apologies to Gary Larson, one of the finest cartoonists around...

Peter Graham

Miles, if you got the white B-3 for a decent price and couldn't live with it you could turn it into a project and dye it yourself. :shock:

asiamiles

Peter Graham said:
Miles, if you got the white B-3 for a decent price and couldn't live with it you could turn it into a project and dye it yourself. :shock:

That's a good point Peter, though not sure how easy it would be to do. The jacket didn't sell and the auction automotically restarted at the same price, so it seems Japanese buyers are that taken with the look either.

Peter Graham

Miles, check out the white B-3 in this thread. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8298
Looks very cool but it's had a lot of wear. Still no answer to the riddle of the chest buckle and interestingly it looks to have a cloth stencilled name tape with maybe a serial number too.

asiamiles

Peter Graham said:
Looks very cool but it's had a lot of wear. Still no answer to the riddle of the chest buckle and interestingly it looks to have a cloth stencilled name tape with maybe a serial number too.

Great photo, Peter. Wonder what the chest patch is?

Falcon_52

Peter Graham said:

I just noticed that the zipper on that white B-3 is attached differently from the later versions; it's not sewn on top of the sheepskin on the one half. Interesting jacket indeed...

Noel