• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

which watch with which jacket

watchmanjimg

Just picked this one up a few hours ago. It's an early-to-mid-60s ref. 1007 with original 19mm Jubilee bracelet. The price was very reasonable so I couldn't help myself--so out of character for me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

009-1.jpg
007-2.jpg

and I went to see David (deeb7)this morning for a chat, and walked out happy but poorer, .....couldn't leave without this....

IMG_0988.jpg

BEVAN

airfrogusmc

Santa left this wonderful Hamilton Railroad 992 from 1932 under the tree. I think it will look great in the watch pocket a pair of 1933 501s and my Monarch 422.

IMG_7433.jpg

TankBuster

I like the smaller watches. I have a Omega Speedmaster, a Rolex Air King, and on the rare occasion I'll wear one of my original A-11s.

bazelot

My daily wearer is A Waltham Navy issue FSSC watch. I just got another one off Ebay that I just finished fixing. It's abeauty and everything is original including the crystal.
Goes really well with my M-422As

watchmanjimg

airfrogusmc said:
Santa left this wonderful Hamilton Railroad 992 from 1932 under the tree. I think it will look great in the watch pocket a pair of 1933 501s and my Monarch 422.

IMG_7433.jpg

Beautiful piece! My watchmaker had one of these apart last time I visited him. The movement is really impressive to behold. Just make sure the crystal is against your body when you carry it in your 501s. The results of doing otherwise can be unpleasant. :eek:

airfrogusmc

watchmanjimg said:
airfrogusmc said:

IMG_7433.jpg

Beautiful piece! My watchmaker had one of these apart last time I visited him. The movement is really impressive to behold. Just make sure the crystal is against your body when you carry it in your 501s. The results of doing otherwise can be unpleasant. :eek:

Yes thats kinda what I was thinking thanks for the advice and I will definitely take it.

Weasel_Loader

Nice watches fellas. Unfortunately, I cannot wear a watch for 80% of my day at work. Real pity as I do enjoy vintage watches. By the time weekend rolls around, I forget to put the ones on that I do own. :roll:

1911A1US

It seems that alot of folks that appreciate military leather/cloth flight jackets also enjoy good timepieces..Thanks for some of the great photos of your watches,sorry that I can not post pics of some of my stuff,I still shoot with an old Canon P rangefinder....Brian.

Andrew

Anyone seen or own one of these? Bell and Ross. Approximately $5k :shock: so the answer''s probably not but i'm interested in getting a really good repro :eek: . Anyone know where to go? The range for the real thing is incredible and at 46mm across it's the closest thing to wearing an aircraft instrument strapped to your wrist.

BELS018.jpg

16797.jpg

duwan34

My lasts pilot watches, a big Longines Majetek, 1936, and a Waltham ussaf GCT 24H, 1944 (in box Hamilton) :

IMG_8295.jpg

IMG_8302.jpg

IMG_8333.jpg

IMG_8309.jpg

IMG_8316-1.jpg

IMG_8262.jpg

IMG_8279.jpg

IMG_8286.jpg

IMG_8290.jpg

IMG_8293.jpg

helodrvr

While the Bell & Ross are truly impressive in size and striking in design, I can't help but wonder why you would want to wear one on your wrist unless you intend to use it as a weapon. After a while, very large watches are Very uncomfortable. But they still look great...

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Andrew said:
Anyone seen or own one of these? Bell and Ross. Approximately $5k :shock: so the answer''s probably not but i'm interested in getting a really good repro :eek: . Anyone know where to go? The range for the real thing is incredible and at 46mm across it's the closest thing to wearing an aircraft instrument strapped to your wrist.

I bought one yesterday, if you're looking Andrew. BR03-92, stainless with a black dial, essentially new, with all the packaging, and accessories.