• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

which watch with which jacket

MikeyB-17

Andrew said:
Mikey couldn't have said it any better myself (didn't know you spoke Strine).

Well, not really-although a mate of mine used to live there, picked up a few odds and ends during our conversations over the years!

duwan34

An other, the last : This watch, a Dodane type 21, with its pilot grey jacket in dotation (French Air Force 70') :

DOD1.jpg

IMG_3894b.jpg

CHECK6

I 've got the same jacket issued in 86 in the BELGIAN AIR FORCE unfortunatly it's a little bit too small now ,and i miss the fur collar and rescue vest but i keep it preciously ,it was my first one

FAB

Manuel

Hello, I was a member of the old forum... Good to be back :)

That's my daily wearer - omega seamaster deville 1963

IMG_3134.jpg

PLATON said:
really nice photos in this thread

Agreed, been away a while and man there's some nice ones here being shown!

Especially love the bubbleback and the Cyma. Duwan, that Hamilton Marine Chronometer is incredible as well. :cool:

I need to get a vintage Oyster, and any WWW would be nice, too.

Tonight, I don't feel like breaking out the GMT so I'm going with a vintage Sub Date and modified RAF-style "Bond" NATO strap with Good Wear Dubow in goatskin. Life is good. :D

standard.jpg

siddhartha

Administrator
markc said:
I wear this one with pretty much everything:

IMAGE_003.jpg

I love the Arktis!

Was my dream watch for a while, but I never picked one up...

I usually wear this with a flight jacket:
DSC02018_2.jpg

but sometimes this:
DSC02028_2.jpg

Best,

Chris

siddhartha

Administrator
duwan34 said:
I love the Arktis too. Very nice.

What's the year of the Speedmaster ?

It's a 1969 pre-moon c861.

The Flightmaster is '70/'71, with a transitional (c910) case, but the c911 movement.

MikeyB-17

bristolherc said:
Every day wearer, work or play;
IMG_0949-1.jpg

I had the black face version, lovely watch too. I traded it in for my Speedmaster, which I've never regretted, but I was fond of it. Apologies for the appalling photograph, which does not belong in this company, but I think it's the only one I still have:-

Seamaster.jpg

Andrew

I'd love a SM. For the uninitiated does anyone know is it worth the risk buying a Seamaster on Ebay and if it is what's the average $ range? Are there any recommended sellers? Not that I can look at it now but when I do I'd hate to buy a fake.

greyhound52

Andrew said:
I'd love a SM. For the uninitiated does anyone know is it worth the risk buying a Seamaster on Ebay and if it is what's the average $ range? Are there any recommended sellers? Not that I can look at it now but when I do I'd hate to buy a fake.
I got mine off Watchuseek forum. I have bought and sold watches there for a few years with no issues. They have a whole section called watch deals that gives feedback on various sellers. Of course you could get a SMP 300 from Watchco which is in your neck of the woods. I got one from them and it is absolutely outstanding.
Here it is. Next to my SMP I just got it is my fav.
1980b.jpg

MikeyB-17

greyhound52 said:
I had one of those (Omega GMT) and sold it and regreted it. I just got this to replace it and I am very happy.

Aaah, the black face Seamaster. If I was going to buy another watch, it would be one of those (or possibly a Pepsi GMT!). A classic.