• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's your next jacket...?

Smithy

None.

I made the decision last year after nearly a couple of decades of buying jackets non-stop, that I'm going to wear what I have. If something wears out, dies, I lose it, then I'll buy a replacement but otherwise I've got more than enough jackets.

My Iaido sensei is a Zen practitioner and his whole less is more attitude to life has really rubbed off on me.

I get a lot of enjoyment seeing members' new jackets here but refresingly now I don't feel the need to rush out and buy anything myself.

Shanghai-Mayne

I am considering …
IMG_1648.jpeg

Kermit3D

I'd love a B-3 like Jan and Mr Mike's, I'd really like an Irvin Aero Leather Merino (pre-war), I'd love an A-2 GW, I often check out B-10 RMCs, I'd love an A-1 Eastman, and of course I'm still hoping to find my grail: the perfect cyclist jacket.

And on top of that, I'm currently mentally conditioning myself to avoid buying some very nice RAF MK IV goggles (with sun shield).

Voila voila

FcTdv3xQKhCIE.webp

atlasfields

I'd love a B-3 like Jan and Mr Mike's, I'd really like an Irvin Aero Leather Merino (pre-war), I'd love an A-2 GW, I often check out B-10 RMCs, I'd love an A-1 Eastman, and of course I'm still hoping to find my grail: the perfect cyclist jacket.

And on top of that, I'm currently mentally conditioning myself to avoid buying some very nice RAF MK IV goggles (with sun shield).

Voila voila

FcTdv3xQKhCIE.webp
Goggles for the win!

Last edited:

FreddyF9

Probably a B-10, as the BR one that I bought many years ago doesn’t fit me anymore. When I got it, I was able to wear it with just a t-shirt, now it feels too tight.
If I’m able to find a good second hand BR size 42 I’ll get it. If I don’t, I’ll probably buy a Bronson or Gizemo, everything else is probably way out of my budget.

Blackboxr1200S

Been eyeballing some sheep on here for a while.
B-3's do look fantastic, but where I'm living, winters hardly ever required that kind a jacket. The poor thing wouldn't stand a damn chance leaving the closet for more then a few days.
Hit a -9C, 2 weeks ago, now we're back at +12.
That's A-2 + sweater weather.
Never had a sheepskin jacket, so not sure how much "colder" a D-1 is in that sense.

Living in EU, AVI is about the first that comes to mind if I should pull the wool trigger.
More or less affordable and from what I've read they can make a nice sheepskin jacket.

1706554680552.png