• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's your next jacket...?

atlasfields

I'm working from home today and I've started to ponder my next jacket. I have three leather jackets. A Battle of Britain Irvin, a G1, and the obligatory A2. All from ELC. And while I know I don't need a new one, you all know how it is, lol

Anyway, my moments of silliness aside, I am curious, what's next for you? If you're so inclined, whatcha' looking to buy next and why?

rob20uk

I'm working from home today and I've started to ponder my next jacket. I have three leather jackets. A Battle of Britain Irvin, a G1, and the obligatory A2. All from ELC. And while I know I don't need a new one, you all know how it is, lol

Anyway, my moments of silliness aside, I am curious, what's next for you? If you're so inclined, whatcha' looking to buy next and why?
I had a brand new G-1 from ELC and it had stitch marks on the inside pocket and part of the wind flap. It had sort of put me off ELC a bit.

My latest jacket is an Aero Cafe Racer.

CBI

I am toying with the idea of an AVI Leather A-1 jacket. its definitely an A-1 "inspired' jacket, not really an authentic repro but I love the color. I've always had a love/hate relationship with the A-1, usually. never would wear them very much so maybe AVI's A-1 will be a nice mix of A-1 ishness and a practical wearer. I'm in no rush. Would love an ELC B-3 to wear for Maters of the Air but that ain't going to happen.

atlasfields

I am toying with the idea of an AVI Leather A-1 jacket. its definitely an A-1 "inspired' jacket, not really an authentic repro but I love the color. I've always had a love/hate relationship with the A-1, usually. never would wear them very much so maybe AVI's A-1 will be a nice mix of A-1 ishness and a practical wearer. I'm in no rush. Would love an ELC B-3 to wear for Maters of the Air but that ain't going to happen.
Why isn’t a B-3 in the cards?

busdrivermike

I’m thinking my next jacket might be a Langlitz padded Columbia
I love the classic look of a classic motorcycle jacket and langlitz
Has been in the game since 1947
I’m also looking at others leaving my options open

IMG_4725.jpeg
IMG_4724.jpeg

CBI

.................an ELC B-3 is not in the cards due to the price. Just too much for me for a jacket (as awesome as they are) that would get minimal usage. Does not get cold enough in my neck of the woods. My previous ELC B-3 and Irvin were worn like one or two days a year. Not Eastman bashing, they look GREAT!!!!!!!

busdrivermike

Langlitz are amazing. I was in their showroom/workshop in Portland a few yrs ago. Super nice people and great jackets!
I had a very similar experience at the San Diego leather factory, very accommodating gave me a tour
made me a chp style jacket from my measurements at no extra charge from the showroom jackets
let me choose my leather weight and liner color but after loosing 90 pounds i sold it to a chap in Germany
They are also on my list as the also have hide choices like deerskin
So they are on my short list as shipping is cheaper then overseas especially if I have an issue and need to return
They even got on to a how stuff is made tv show

Last edited: