• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

CombatWombat

Well my tropical paradise is at an end (the weather nosedived to a chilly 20 Celsius this morning)
So I'm going to try on my Buco D Pocket that apparently is a "cheap Chinese knock off" according to the esteemed scholarship of TFL o_O
If this is a Chinese knock off, then I'd love to kiss the Chinese gentlemen who threw it together in his sweatshop because the horsehide he chose is amazing and it smells like walking into a cricket shop (the smell of linseed oil and crisp leather takes me back to my childhood).
And the pockets are leather lined.....with the passenger pockets going across the kidney patch, the way they are supposed to!
17052683227874287439230129878292.jpg
17052665586672128209590795899525.jpg
17052666008462290291315663181610.jpg

Last edited:

busdrivermike

it was a chilly willy -32 Celsius with out a wind as I ventured out for my adult gummies
In my Noble house b3ish jacket, it’s not historically accurate But it’s very warm
I’m just wearing a t-shirt underneath and very comfortable
IMG_2027.jpeg

For context on how cold it currently is, we are currently listed as one of the coldest
Places on the earth
IMG_4716.jpeg

Last edited:

Dumpster D

I always have the 82' pattern rucksack with the modular sleep system and mukluks, with the mitts and all the survival gear in the trunk if it's calling for extreme cold. It can, and *will* save your life if you went off the road in Negative 40 and were stuck overnight on some back road and couldn't get your cell to work for whatever reason.

I would like to start a thread about the rucksack project I put together from all the individual components and all the mods and upgrades, it took a long time to get all the parts.

Where would be the best place to post a review for the 82' pattern rucksack here in on the VLJ?

Thank you.

mulceber

I always have the 82' pattern rucksack with the modular sleep system and mukluks, with the mitts and all the survival gear in the trunk if it's calling for extreme cold. It can, and *will* save your life if you went off the road in Negative 40 and were stuck overnight on some back road and couldn't get your cell to work for whatever reason.

I would like to start a thread about the rucksack project I put together from all the individual components and all the mods and upgrades, it took a long time to get all the parts.

Where would be the best place to post a review for the 82' pattern rucksack here in on the VLJ?

Thank you.
I’d say How-to info.

B-Man2

Thank you.
I took some survival training a number of years ago and in sub zero temps always carry a number 10 can , a candle and matches in your car . If you get caught out in a blizzard and can’t move the car . The lit candle inside or the tin can will generate enough heat inside the car to keep you alive.

CombatWombat

I've done cold weather training in NZ but never really needed it until I was deployed to the Ghan......bloody hot of a day and freezing of a night!
One of the few things (apart from my A2) I've kept from my military life was the Shemergah I knicked from Brit stores......woven cotton and great in hot weather (soak it in water and wrap around the neck) and in cold weather it works well as a scarf!
Bloody cracking bit of kit and truly functional for almost anywhere in the world.

Pa12

Woke to -12°F in Northeast Illinois this morning -- actual temp. Wind-chill is something like -30. :confused:

Not sure what it got down to over night. No frost quakes as they predicted, though. :oops:
Sounds like you guys are getting hit harder than here. 5 f this morning. But still have that nasty wind. Not looking forward to getting on the tractor again.