• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

leper-colony

Florida.

1705364782949.png

Dumpster D

The weather in Florida just reminded me of the story I once read online about WWII bomb groups requesting Ice Cream.

The crews were sent loads of this ice cream in large tubs which had to be frozen. Each ship loaded and secured the ice cream in the back of the tail section to fly it up to altitude and freeze it. When they got back, ice cream was served.

Surprisingly a few guys were spitting out bits of Flak that had found its way into the ice cream during the flight.

(Anyone know what story this was that I read? It was 20 years ago or more, on an early homemade website (Remember those?) Forget which one of the B-17 Bomb groups.)

Griffon_301

the fleece on your ELC BoB looks different to mine...
but these are great jackets for really low temps.
I wore my BoB Irvin once in Tyrol at -25°C and I felt just nice and cosy.
the B-15 ceased to be useful at about -15°C

if course a lot depends on what you layer underneath...

today it's WEP day for me with the nice ELC USN sweater underneath.
if an additional layer would be needed, a CPO shirt is usually enough to fend off the lowest the temps can reach in Vienna, which is about -10°C with a bit of added wind chill usually

Griffon_301

and I may add that I have really grown very fond of the WEP. even though is seriously short in the waist, a good sweater can compensate for that and the short length is a bonus for the movement range.
and of course, it keeps one rather warm, comparable to the A-2 Deck jacket for example...

Walt3r

the fleece on your ELC BoB looks different to mine...
but these are great jackets for really low temps.
I wore my BoB Irvin once in Tyrol at -25°C and I felt just nice and cosy.
the B-15 ceased to be useful at about -15°C

if course a lot depends on what you layer underneath...

today it's WEP day for me with the nice ELC USN sweater underneath.
if an additional layer would be needed, a CPO shirt is usually enough to fend off the lowest the temps can reach in Vienna, which is about -10°C with a bit of added wind chill usually
I know what you mean regarding the fleece it’s really rather straight and not nubbly as @john would say, it’s built like a tank too