• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Spitfireace

It's minus 13 degrees celsius this morning in Vancouver. Yes, you read that right. Breaking records. Time to take out the rarely worn 44 Irvin. Didn't stay out long as I found my face was going numb and the lungs were starting to work hard.
20240113_082407.jpg

Spitfireace

I almost bought an N-3B on eBay about a month ago, but the guy didn't accept my offer. I bought the MA-1 instead. I mean I couldn't wear a parka much around here, usually only one or two weeks a year. Right now though I think it might be worth it anyhow. Maybe for next year.

B-Man2

I almost bought an N-3B on eBay about a month ago, but the guy didn't accept my offer. I bought the MA-1 instead. I mean I couldn't wear a parka much around here, usually only one or two weeks a year. Right now though I think it might be worth it anyhow. Maybe for next year.
The prices have been very reasonable on original military issued ones . Usually in the $145-250 US range .

Spitfireace

I guess the problem I had with it, is that I don't want to spend much money on something that I wouldn't use much. Then you are looking at something that is not in such good condition (on the lower end). Also would I be considering a collector jacket say with the coyote fur or just a fairly common more recent one. Plus seems like everyone and his dog has a mall type knockoff. The people who have deep pockets have the Canada Goose ones.

flyincowboy

Big dog. Is that a saddle blanket ;)
NOPE it was my 1st tought But just a nice "pure wool Travel rug" that was found in a second hand shop Guess that i will have enough to cut a nice coat out of the rug. just to keep my dog warm when its really cold outside.

John Luder

sold my 2 Irvins and B3 , all originals, a few years back as we were downsizing and I hadn't worn them in years, have an original B6 which usually suffices in SE England but been so cold lately I've been venturing out in my '40s Harrods teddy bear coat. If raining I've also got the open car version with leather upper (just to keep this post in the realms of vintage leather)

View attachment 134367
Gary Oldman, with a hair cut fresh off the set of Slow Horses.

busdrivermike

Brrrrrrrr it’s -30 Celsius without the wind as I ventured out for the wife’s
Honey do list and a cafe mocha with the wind it’s closer to -40
But I’m comfortable in my woolly bully noble house b3

IMG_2017.jpeg

After a couple minutes of walking outside I switched to my toque as my ears were starting to freeze
IMG_4713.jpeg

CombatWombat

It's tropical paradise here in my part of Oz!
Humidity has been breaking records all this week in Sydney and it's been hovering around 29-33 Celsius, so I've been running around in "Day Glo" DPM jungle shorts and a thin tee