• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Greg Gale

Wearing my Bronson L-2a to fly home for Christmas. Warmest thing I have at the moment, it won’t be nearly enough haha. But at the security check they had me remove the two copper protectors at the bottom of the pencil pockets because they looked like bullets. I told them to look, they are not bullets. They’re empty. They’re part of my jacket. But those somb*tches didn’t care

Pilot

Nylon ( with real mouton and Coyote trim :) )
F4A31F19-2AB1-48FE-A1FF-5383F704ADD7.jpeg
over a suit.
9BC013D0-8032-4776-BE94-53738A980D69.jpeg

Flightengineer

Wearing my Bronson L-2a to fly home for Christmas. Warmest thing I have at the moment, it won’t be nearly enough haha. But at the security check they had me remove the two copper protectors at the bottom of the pencil pockets because they looked like bullets. I told them to look, they are not bullets. They’re empty. They’re part of my jacket. But those somb*tches didn’t care
Hi Greg, people for ap security check are selected not based on intellect, but on instructions devotion. When I was flying, we were also searched when exiting through the gate, despite our uniform and all sorts of IDs, and sometimes they asked us to take off our shoes (in some ports) like passengers. One of my colleagues always joked darkly to the inspectors: “Guy, I don’t need a weapon or a bomb to crush a plane, I can just take my hands off the yoke if I want this” :D Have a safe flight to home, mate.

John Luder

A question for you fellas with real, or good repro, B-10s, or you inveterate (or is it invertebrate?) researchers, as well.
Anyone ever seen one with the dished, M-3 field jacket buttons?
As to Talon zippers: is it a certain brand of repro, or real Talons, that the puller goes all cattywampus and stuck sideways in its slot on the slider?
Seasoned Greetings from,
Col. Sanders

John Lever

Perfect combo.
Plenty warm enough, arms can freely move as the D1 is super soft and light, the vest pockets are adequate for storage (bigger than on a B3)
Boots are Clarkes, thermo and waterproof. I wore them in Norway they were just fine even with crampons.