• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Shanghai-Mayne

Would you please, explain how it works ?
Ritchy,
IMG_8458.jpeg
Use this tool , leave mark on the leather , as first step. As result, the distance between each mark is even.
IMG_8459.jpeg
Then, use this tool, punch thru the leather, as second step. As result, the needle is able to go thru the leather very easy.

tjoenn

Don't wear this one often, usually when it's a bit cold and I'm about to do something I wouldn't do in my other jackets :) Never really warmed up to G-1s but it's not a bad looking jacket. Bought it 4 years ago for $200 in Fr. Lauderdale. Have not noticed until today that there are some stich-holes from a name tag. Anyone remind me how old this jacket is please :)

star1.jpg
star2.jpg
star3.jpg

B-Man2

Don't wear this one often, usually when it's a bit cold and I'm about to do something I wouldn't do in my other jackets :) Never really warmed up to G-1s but it's not a bad looking jacket. Bought it 4 years ago for $200 in Fr. Lauderdale. Have not noticed until today that there are some stich-holes from a name tag. Anyone remind me how old this jacket is please :)

View attachment 127657View attachment 127659View attachment 127661
The 7823E (as) series jackets were produced startling in 1971 so this one could be from that period forward .
( From Wikipedia)