• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

YoungMedic

Thanks Tim!

It is!
The A-2 Deck jacket is kind of underrated, I think...very warm, quite comfortable and easy to wear.

Plus, it doesn't scream "MILITARY!!!" right into people's faces. It looks more like workwear or something from Carharrt or Dickies...

Ties
Exactly! Another factor for me is most of the ones I see were used in the silent service. A cool piece of militaria for sure

Here’s something different, a rare RCAF Type III nylon flying jacket dated 1957.
IMG_1563.jpeg

Man that is in such a nice state, looks almost new, the black pen holder is usually all cracked and that fur looks pristine!

Thanx for sharing.

D
It’s in fantastic condition, all the zips are functional and the pen holders are flexible and undamaged. They actually appear to be made of thin leather. There’s even a hood stored in the collar that is trimmed with fur. I was so excited when I realized that it fit me and I knew it had to come home with me.

Dany McDonald

It’s in fantastic condition, all the zips are functional and the pen holders are flexible and undamaged. They actually appear to be made of thin leather. There’s even a hood stored in the collar that is trimmed with fur. I was so excited when I realized that it fit me and I knew it had to come home with me.

I almost scored a kit last year, not in this condition but close. The pen holders are made from very thin leather strips hence why they tend to dry and crack.

I can hear a couple of CF-101...;)

Plz post some detailed images when you feel like it.

Dany

Smithy

Had my old Wested Raiders on for a change. It's hilarious, whenever I wear the thing someone always says "nice jacket". I know the jacket snobs hate these but with that said and at a fraction of the price of most of my other jackets it punches well above its weight in the compliments department.

Sorry no pic of me wearing it but here it is this evening (crap photo so apologies for that too).

NLa7vIK.jpg