• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Wz1999

GW Knopf today
IMG_7943.jpeg

Smithy

Not the greatest snap but was sat on my arse an hour ago watching my daughter's gymnastics class in the gym (which was bloody freezing, some twit must have forgotten to turn the heaters on) and thought for once that I'd post a snap of Smithy actually wearing a jacket ;-)

Like the last couple of days it's the old ELC Irvin. I love this jacket probably more than all my others put together.

KE1gIiC.jpg

Chandler

those ATF shirts are nice. they actually make a fake "wool" cotton one out of cotton fleece that looks great and is practical to wear.
I'm just stunned by the prices of much clothing lately. I'm probably not in-tune with prices and inflation these days, but $60 shirts (let alone $90 shirts) really throw me for a loop!

There's a nice, dark green flannel at Bass Pro Shops I'm looking at for $20.

Last edited:

Chandler

That skins were so smooth back then...
My image doesn't do the jacket justice -- it's got a lot of grain going on. I saved a pic of an original 1401 that has near identical grain on the left shoulder as my ELC developed.

So yeah, this one started out very smooth, but has aged nicely -- I'll post better pics sometime (some are on the forum in various threads).