• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Sideslip

I have never had a goatee from John so would be curious what people think, I think Jan has a certain batch or goat and I am sure John is getting or has gotten some new stuff in if anyone can comment about his goat
I received this from John recently:
The new goatskin that I have coming from Pakistan is extremely similar to vintage WWII goatskin...same grain, same overall feel, and soft but with weight. It's much softer than the Monarch's goatskin [my m422] as it's chrome tanned, where the Monarch goatskin is veg-tanned.

The Mexican goatskin has a very crackle-like grain, similar to many late 1950s Navy jackets. It's very even in color tone, has a soft hand, but also has good weight. It's the softest goatskin that I have

I understand that @Wz1999 might have a sample.

PS - didn’t know John offered « goatees » :oops::p

Wz1999

I received this from John recently:
The new goatskin that I have coming from Pakistan is extremely similar to vintage WWII goatskin...same grain, same overall feel, and soft but with weight. It's much softer than the Monarch's goatskin [my m422] as it's chrome tanned, where the Monarch goatskin is veg-tanned.

The Mexican goatskin has a very crackle-like grain, similar to many late 1950s Navy jackets. It's very even in color tone, has a soft hand, but also has good weight. It's the softest goatskin that I have

I understand that @Wz1999 might have a sample.

PS - didn’t know John offered « goatees » :oops::p
Sample of John’s new goatskin from Pakistan.
AEE8A441-9CF2-41B8-A29F-4C319B080369.jpeg

070CD294-660A-4A5B-B314-06F0E2A04CF7.jpeg

ausreenactor

I miss wearing jackets. So much that last night I had a strange dream that I received my BK 23380 and to my dismay it was distressed leather, 2 inches too short, and with a 3 panel back :D

I’m sure the real one will be amazing, but that’s still a long wait.
That's a jacket nightmare!

Brettafett

I miss wearing jackets. So much that last night I had a strange dream that I received my BK 23380 and to my dismay it was distressed leather, 2 inches too short, and with a 3 panel back :D

I’m sure the real one will be amazing, but that’s still a long wait.
Greg, what time frame were you given for your BK from date of payment?

Greg Gale

Greg, what time frame were you given for your BK from date of payment?

I wasn't given any, but I won't be back to Europe for a year, so it doesn't really matter. It will be ready when it's ready.

It's gonna be a size 41, finally, for me. Basically a size 40 Long with a tad of extra room too, all proportionally.