• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

ausreenactor

Here's the images B-Man2 of the NSW police leather jacket.
As I tried to highlight it's got left and right "snap flaps" for the pistol belt and has two upper pockets and wrist straps that are purely cosmetic.... and the silver buttons are a ER ll crown with New South Wales around the edge.
It was made by Babylon Industries NSW in 1998 and it's a 46R but fits about 2 sizes bugger due to the thick liner and the fact our police used to wear a "Howard Green" pullover.....why in such a warm climate is beyond me

View attachment 77646View attachment 77647View attachment 77648View attachment 77649
Babylon pump put a LOT of uniform items for Defence too...

coolhandluke

20220413_183016.jpg

20220413_182926.jpg

20220413_182935.jpg

Norshor Dubow after approximately 2 weeks of wear.

Last edited:

CBI

Wow - that Norshor re-dye looks incredible!!!!!! Now THAT is tempting!!!!! Mark made me a jacket a number of years back and did an awesome job!!!!!!

Thomas Koehle

Nice jackets gentlmen!

Today one of my G1 jackets made by @Shawn Ali and his guys from FIVESTAR combined with a vest made by BRONSON and a HENLEY also manufactured by BRONSON - don't ask me about the maker of the easter-bunnie's jacket ...

Yeah - the fit of the vest was a bit more "loose" couple of years ago ...

pdWcLIg.jpg

Happy Easter to you guys!
Hope the world "cools down" a bit with all that horrible things that happen around us ...

Thomas

Garylafortuna

A question for our Australian members: I've heard that kangaroo hide is the toughest leather in the known universe, yet have never seen a jacket or any other garment made with it. Just wondering if there is an interesting story waiting to be told. Has anyone seen a flight jacket made with kangaroo leather? Or better yet; does anybody own one? Although no original A-2 contract used this leather, the idea sounds intriguing.

B-Man2

Never seen it used for jackets but years ago when I played high school and college football here in the US . We were issued Riddell football cleats that were made from kangaroo hide. They were issued to the running backs and receivers because the kangaroo hide was thinner and the shoes were lighter than the ones issued to the interior lineman which were made from regular leather . I know it’s a long way away from your question, but it sort of shows the toughness of the hide .

Dany McDonald

Never seen it used for jackets but years ago when I played high school and college football here in the US . We were issued Riddell football cleats that were made from kangaroo hide. They were issued to the running backs and receivers because the kangaroo hide was thinner and the shoes were lighter than the ones issued to the interior lineman which were made from regular leather . I know it’s a long way away from your question, but it sort of shows the toughness of the hide .

Burt, I always appreciate your anecdotes'! Keep em coming!

Dany

mulceber

US Wings offers 'em:

Never handled 'roo hide before, but I've heard that kangaroos are assholes, so I'd feel even less compunction about turning them into clothing than I would other animals. :p

B-Man2

LOL!!!
US Wings offers 'em:

Never handled 'roo hide before, but I've heard that kangaroos are assholes, so I'd feel even less compunction about turning them into clothing than I would other animals. :p
LOL!! Jan
Please don’t stop with that closing comment. Tell us more…… that’s the first I’ve heard about them being assholes .
Couchy will know . How about it Trevor ?
Anything ??