• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

ButteMT61

Starting last fall, I thought I'd try some leather vests in lieu of jackets due to the weather here in SoCal.
I don't have any wear pics handy, but it gives me some of the satisfaction of wearing the leather while not looking and feeling out of place in the heat.
Since I have a few jackets that are great, I decided to stop hunting for them for now and do lighter weight jackets like the NASA and vests. Overall I think it was a good move for me for now, but I sure love seeing you guys getting great jackets from here!

zoomer

In this odder-than-usual Iowa springtime it's been the Buzz 37J1 out the giggy. And not just because I am all about 37J1s. This is one eminently practical, versatile, and comfortable outergarment.

We've had temps from 36° to 70°F (2° to 21°C) in the last week, and with appropriate underlayers, it's laughed at them all. It got a little spotty in a sudden shower last night and was dry before I got home.

I now fully understand why the Japanese mills make this 14oz Bedford cord only on special order: it could kill the market for most other high-end outerwear fabrics. It's Corona Cloth.

Cotton newsboy by Rooster. Trousers by Bills Khakis. Eyewear by Shuron. Tailoring by STEVE S.

IMG_5687.jpg
IMG_5719.jpg

Last edited:

B-Man2

Zoomer
Really like that Buzz 37J1. Unfortunately you can’t find them around much anymore. At least not in a 44 which, correct me if I’m wrong, is the largest size they make. I remember you had to have that one tailored a bit didn’t you? I wish Buzz would consider going up a size to 46 . Wouldn’t that be nice:)

busdrivermike

Hi Mike, do you have some photos at hand? And how do you feel about the sizing? I would say mine is a forgiving half size up.
Hey here are some pics, it is forgiving, mine is a 48R I take a 50-52 in a motorcycle jacket but that can vary to a 48
Depending on the manufacture, I can get a light hoodie under it and still move comfortably, it feels a little snug
At times when I reach forward but I think regular wearing will change that, mine Was an eBay purchase
As you can see I added a snap at the bottom as I detest the fold away thing, I’m gonna do another covered in brown leather
That will blend in better. Ignore my serious look it was the sun I’m my eyes not me pretending to be tough.
2AF435E8-4296-43FA-BC85-1E02CF375EE6.jpeg
3D658996-D2E0-4667-88A0-32C454445A6F.jpeg
B3C26C08-1B5B-4477-9DEB-4D89CA83D48B.jpeg
94E193BD-9056-46D9-B81C-9791DF243013.jpeg
3B936E22-DD5F-4B2F-898F-CFE04F4D1845.jpeg

Thomas Koehle

In this odder-than-usual Iowa springtime it's been the Buzz 37J1 out the giggy. And not just because I am all about 37J1s. This is one eminently practical, versatile, and comfortable outergarment.

We've had temps from 30° to 72° in the last week and with appropriate underlayers, it's laughed at them all. It got a little spotty in a sudden shower last night and was dry before I got home.

I now fully understand why the Japanese mills make this 14oz Bedford cord only on special order: it could kill the market for most other high-end outerwear fabrics. It's Corona Cloth.

Cotton newsboy by Rooster. Trousers by Bills Khakis. Eyewear by Shuron. Tailoring by STEVE S.

View attachment 35610 View attachment 35611

that‘s one splendid jacket

Kr1s

Hey here are some pics, it is forgiving, mine is a 48R I take a 50-52 in a motorcycle jacket but that can vary to a 48
Depending on the manufacture, I can get a light hoodie under it and still move comfortably, it feels a little snug
At times when I reach forward but I think regular wearing will change that, mine Was an eBay purchase
As you can see I added a snap at the bottom as I detest the fold away thing, I’m gonna do another covered in brown leather
That will blend in better. Ignore my serious look it was the sun I’m my eyes not me pretending to be tough.
View attachment 35614View attachment 35615View attachment 35616View attachment 35617View attachment 35618
Very nice, thanks.

zoomer

Zoomer
Really like that Buzz 37J1. Unfortunately you can’t find them around much anymore. At least not in a 44 which, correct me if I’m wrong, is the largest size they make. I remember you had to have that one tailored a bit didn’t you? I wish Buzz would consider going up a size to 46 . Wouldn’t that be nice:)
IT SURE WOULD! Buzz does not intend anything they make to fit someone 5'11", 225# !!! As you may recall, STEVE S was able to find 3" extra in the seams of this jacket. I now wear it with no problems.

busdrivermike

Weather report: +15 partly cloudy so it can feel slightly cooler when
The suns gets behind a cloud, out for a ride wearing my vintage leather shirt
And leather vest overtop, the closest I get to looking tough it was once said to me by a leather Taylor
Who knew me well said I was basically a teddy bear wrapped in leather :) and it’s basically true
You can actually see the resemblance quite clearly below :D :p
Tomorrow I’ll probably go leather shirt under the A2, the knits on my branded A2 basically vacuum seal.
stopped by a leather shop to get some copper rivets
I was gonna order them on amazon but saw the shop was open yesterday, as I went
By so I thought I should support a local business in these times.
they only have 2 customers in at a time and do their sanitized routines
12B6EFA7-CDBB-4692-AA98-3901383B0A4E.jpeg
D1CEF47E-932E-41DA-A3A3-90F3A31B5FB8.jpeg

CB2F77C6-D802-4D31-9E8E-A1CA5C484357.jpeg

Last edited: