• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

John Luder

I've got 2 kids. Trust me stuff for baby is more important than Daddy's luxury wants.

Plenty of time to save a bit of money and buy jackets and non-important shit down the line.

If you can't afford the jacket you want right now I'd forget it as you've arguably got bigger priorities.

Also just a small tip from one who's been there, it can be tough with the lack of sleep and all the rest of it but enjoy it, they grow up so quickly that it's important to savour every moment of it.

Just my advice for what it's worth.
Smithy, Thanks. I fear you took the wrong bait, but your empathy and sincerity are greatly appreciated and indeed, worth much. I'm being serious now.
But . . .My babies are 34 and 32. Little bastards. I'm not so sure they're mine; one has a Masters, the other a JD.
Baby needs... can be literal, or, I was thinking of the expression as used during a craps game.
In particular, Abbot and Costello, when they're hustling some guys on a train, and Costello isn't supposed to know how to play, but continuously uses craps phrases, to the consternation of Abbot.
You are quite right, though. But my time has come at 69 after a 30 year career with Los Angeles County. The '65 Mustang and jackets are a start, the jackets in particular, as my wife wants us to move back east, near her family, from usually-sunny Ventura Co., CA.
As a doting parent, I wish you the best with your children. As my wife says, "The days are long, but the years are short".
Cheers, Dad.

Smithy

Smithy, Thanks. I fear you took the wrong bait, but your empathy and sincerity are greatly appreciated and indeed, worth much. I'm being serious now.
But . . .My babies are 34 and 32. Little bastards. I'm not so sure they're mine; one has a Masters, the other a JD.
Baby needs... can be literal, or, I was thinking of the expression as used during a craps game.
In particular, Abbot and Costello, when they're hustling some guys on a train, and Costello isn't supposed to know how to play, but continuously uses craps phrases, to the consternation of Abbot.
You are quite right, though. But my time has come at 69 after a 30 year career with Los Angeles County. The '65 Mustang and jackets are a start, the jackets in particular, as my wife wants us to move back east, near her family, from usually-sunny Ventura Co., CA.
As a doting parent, I wish you the best with your children. As my wife says, "The days are long, but the years are short".
Cheers, Dad.

Oh, they've long flown the nest then Dad, in which case Daddy can buy what the hell he wants ;-)

John Luder

I've got 2 kids. Trust me stuff for baby is more important than Daddy's luxury wants.

Plenty of time to save a bit of money and buy jackets and non-important shit down the line.

If you can't afford the jacket you want right now I'd forget it as you've arguably got bigger priorities.

Also just a small tip from one who's been there, it can be tough with the lack of sleep and all the rest of it but enjoy it, they grow up so quickly that it's important to savour every moment of it.

Just my advice for what it's worth.
Cheers, Dad.

leave the kids and take the cannoli
Godammit, that's funny. I guffawed out loud!!

London Cabbie

Aero 16160
5BF47B59-FE49-427D-9A89-A753D653B139.jpeg
D5AB7FD4-8EF6-4DF6-BBC0-50AE2E5C93B5.jpeg
2AF39A6E-8B0D-4E06-B0EA-7C5731056A78.jpeg
5302D140-3029-4D83-A7B6-95381366FC4A.jpeg

Brettafett

I still have a beady eye out for another decent original G-1... I've come to really like my Star and will be replacing the knit soon.
I've missed a couple of beauts, so I know they crop up in good condition. Just need to be vigilant and patient.

Wz1999

I used to own this jacket- it is crispy brand new- still has maker's chalk marks on it! It has all the charisma that comes from being the same contract (RE 'B') as one of John F. Kennedy's jackets. Goatskin ranges from very thin to pebbly to kinda thick. It's an amazing thing!

There are actually two JFK G-1s, one is the Ralph and the other is this L.W. Foster.
779339FC-7DB8-4193-90ED-342400C8A9B9.jpeg