• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Nickb123

Probably going to get reamed on this, but I took off the squadron patch on my ELC Dubow. Pretty sure that was seen by many as prone to happen sooner or later. ;)

Not sure if this is standard practice, but had a small scare - they use an adhesive in addition to the stitching to affix the patch. Fortunately it was very easy to wipe off with a damp rag - no residue.

840CE09C-5C71-4E89-A581-44B9ADB86B66.jpeg

saucerfiend

Probably going to get reamed on this, but I took off the squadron patch on my ELC Dubow. Pretty sure that was seen by many as prone to happen sooner or later. ;)

Not sure if this is standard practice, but had a small scare - they use an adhesive in addition to the stitching to affix the patch. Fortunately it was very easy to wipe off with a damp rag - no residue.

View attachment 93265
Looks great that way, Nick! It's yours to do what you want with.

mulceber

View attachment 93265
Well I suppose from a certain point of view that makes it even more authentic - there are tons of originals that, even by the end of the war, had the same stitch holes.

Grant

Nick, I think you'll find the old stitch holes will close up some over time. That said, they look damn cool just as they are. That Eastman Dubow looks sick!

Smithy

View attachment 93265

Looks cool with and without Nick.

And thanks you just reminded me, I got a 397th FS patch towards the end of last year to put on one of my B-10s and I'd completely forgotten about it. Have to sew it on!

Nickb123

0n this fabulous-3c day I’m wearing my branded by orchard G1
Wind flap perforated for the USCG
I always forget how much I like this jacket, but it needs new knits
And though it might heresy I want a solid double knit
I might do the collar as well as it’s worn away in a spot
I plan on keeping it for a while
View attachment 93447View attachment 93449
Looks great. The USCG is a cool touch

Silver Surfer

On topic proposal:)
View attachment 93197
The car behind me is my friend's Audi. It just passed 333.333 km. Plus the mandatory biannual inspection. Oh. The jacket is an old Aero horsehide A-1? 37-J-1? It's a tank but so much fun to wear, not even broken in. I am thinking about having it painted. It's a size 44, sits well but is very restricted vice the M-422/ G-1. But I always thought it has style and deserves an outing. It won't minimize my attraction for Navy jackets, though...
nice wright patch. ties made?

John Luder

What do you fellas think of this A-1? Assuming it's a photo of the actual product. There are a few blokes flogging A-1s from their homes in Manchester. This dude is near the A576 between Crumpsall and Heaton Park.
The price and shipping seem reasonable, but your postal service is cocked-up at the moment.
You dirty rotten scoundrels have really put the monkey on my back, but I don't have the dosh to feed it. Baby needs new shoes, but Daddy wants more jackets.

Screen Shot 2023-01-10 at 11.39.03 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-01-10 at 11.39.22 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-10 at 11.39.22 AM.png
    196.9 KB · Views: 64

Smithy

The saints be praised!

It finally stopped blowing a full gale and shot up to +1 Celsius today. I was one happy lad in a B-10. No pics as I've got it stuffed in the back of the car to take it to the local tailor tomorrow to see if she can sew on my 397th FS patch.

bseal

What do you fellas think of this A-1? Assuming it's a photo of the actual product. There are a few blokes flogging A-1s from their homes in Manchester. This dude is near the A576 between Crumpsall and Heaton Park.
The price and shipping seem reasonable, but your postal service is cocked-up at the moment.
You dirty rotten scoundrels have really put the monkey on my back, but I don't have the dosh to feed it. Baby needs new shoes, but Daddy wants more jackets.

View attachment 93495
Aero Leather russet Vinceza horsehide. Image taken from their site.

Smithy

Baby needs new shoes, but Daddy wants more jackets.

I've got 2 kids. Trust me stuff for baby is more important than Daddy's luxury wants.

Plenty of time to save a bit of money and buy jackets and non-important shit down the line.

If you can't afford the jacket you want right now I'd forget it as you've arguably got bigger priorities.

Also just a small tip from one who's been there, it can be tough with the lack of sleep and all the rest of it but enjoy it, they grow up so quickly that it's important to savour every moment of it.

Just my advice for what it's worth.