• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Pa12

Pictures requested of that car in the foreground with Platon’s Dubow in the background please.
AED97D57-73A0-497E-ABCF-F43DB8A7B840.jpeg
658ACFEE-59C0-435F-84A0-E997C2C20DA3.jpeg
B34FD096-1F34-4308-9026-17BE2A997D51.jpeg
C9CB6997-C3D9-41A6-888E-5239CCE626F2.jpeg

My mustang in hibernation

B-Man2

The pre 69 mustangs are quite small cars and the weight of the 390 makes them a bit of a pig. I’m getting the same hp out of a small block 302 and saving hundreds of pounds. Makes a much more drivable car.
It’s a “ Bullit “ Mustang look alike although the Bullit had a 427 cobra Jet for an engine. Very nice !
EDIT/
I stand corrected the original movie car had a 390 cu inch V8 not a 427. It was fitted with a Borg-Wagner T-10 heavy duty transmission.

Last edited:

Pa12

It’s a “ Bullit “ Mustang look alike although the Bullit had a 427 cobra Jet for an engine. Very nice !
EDIT/
I stand corrected the original movie car had a 390 cu inch V8 not a 427. It was fitted with a Borg-Wagner T-10 heavy duty transmission.
Yes. And a lot of steel reinforcements underneath. I’m not sure what tranny it had. Always thought it was a top loader. And the sound of the mustang in the movie was dubbed with a ford gt. Don’t really think that was necessary.

Pa12

So if you think about it you really have an original bullit car built in 68 . It just doesn’t have the reinforced frame work that the movie car had . The wheels and the shifter and interior pretty much are the same …. Very cool !!
Yes, and without the 390.

caddyd

You got it and the original pony car sold back in 2020 for a whoppin 3.4 mil.

Attachments

• Ford-Mustang-Bullitt-390-GT-from-Bullitt.jpg
    Ford-Mustang-Bullitt-390-GT-from-Bullitt.jpg
    694.2 KB · Views: 93

Kermit3D

The pre 69 mustangs are quite small cars and the weight of the 390 makes them a bit of a pig. I’m getting the same hp out of a small block 302 and saving hundreds of pounds. Makes a much more drivable car.

It's a beautiful car ! the fastback of the late 1960's are the most beautiful mustang in my opinion.

I may be talking nonsense, correct me if I am, but it seems to me that in competition, many American cars don't use "big blocks" but rather modified mid-size engines which are indeed lighter (and sometimes partly in aluminum).

flyincowboy

And the bad guys drove a BELOVED Charger with a such desired 440 engine . One of the best looking car.. Cant do other as A MOPaR guy lol

Last edited: