• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Flightengineer

Dimitry
That LE Foster is bad to the bone.
You look like the next action figure hero in that bottom photo.
Cheers
B-Man2

Thanks, Burt. This old lady belonged to a good pilot from States (unfortunately he had already died), now she with me for 2 years. I love her very much, several times she flew with me on a technical flight on 204 last year (In memory of Jerry, her former owner).

Thomas Koehle

Alex
Welcome to VLJ . Great way to introduce yourself. 2 great G1 jackets . The Martin Lane looks fantastic.
Cheers
B-Man2

Alex,

I second that!

Some nice jackets!

Are the USCG G1`s for sale on the open market?

How was the price?

Anyone any experience with the quality?

Saludos

Thomas

AlexLutov

As for orchard,I'm not sure that it can be bought in the open market, at least I have not met..Martin line brought me from the States of my good friend as a gift, and orchard I bought in Russia on one Internet resource $ 400.

Flightengineer

splendid jacket Dmitry! Could you post a closeup of the patches?

Of course, Thomas, here they are

This is Jerry Donevant photo

Jerry was born January 27, 1936 in Winston-Salem, NC to Lincoln and Hazel Donevant.
After college he entered the Navy and was designated as a Naval Aviator in 1960. He served in Vietnam as a pilot for the VR-21 Fleet Tactical Support Pacific Fleet. He continued his military career in the Naval Reserve and served as a Designated Test Pilot and a Flight Instructor. After he retired from the Navy не started his "commercial" flying career with Continental Airlines . He had accumulated over 25,000 hours of flight time while flying the B707, B727, DC-10, and the B737. He continued as a Test Pilot with Continental for many years after. He died May 29, 2016 after a long battling Alzheimers.

Last edited:

Officer Dibley

Finally getting cool enough in the mornings to wear one of my 1968 pattern DPM smocks.

IMG_4780.JPG
IMG_4781.JPG

Officer Dibley

Dibley, The 1968 pattern smocks are dope. I bought a few this summer. If you find any others in that kind of shape in size 2 let me know.

I have quite a few mint or vgc but all 6's & 9's. There may be mint size 2's about but as they are of no interest to me, i don't keep a lookout for them.
Sadly i don't have the time to look out for somethingbi don't want & I wouldn't want the risk and hassle of buying for someone else TBH but will try to remember so i can let you know.
They are HEAVY so brace for expensive shipping costs. Possubly twice the cost of the jacket !

Pilot

I have an original one from WW2 , with the “ tail” and 6 studs in front to attach it.
It came from my relative who fought with it in the French Indochina war.
Need to dig it out for pics..

Last edited:

Officer Dibley

The smock in my photos has a tail too but with buttons on the inside of the jacket. Not intended for paratroopers though.
The Denison smock is what you are referring to. Had dozens of them over the years. Nice kit

AlexLutov

Friends, tell me more about my Martin lane, how interesting is the contract for collectors? and what is its real value at the moment,thank you.