• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

D97x7

Contemplating which photo to try for the 5* comp
DSC_053103.JPG

mulceber

HOORAY !!!
Waited 6 months for jacket weather and it arrived today. It was 43F/6.1 C this morning and it’s 57F /13.8 C now . Decided to celebrate with an Original Aero A2 . Jacket was made in 1942.
View attachment 84796View attachment 84795View attachment 84794
Never get tired of seeing that one, Burt. Thanks for sharing your collection.

It’s also pretty cold here, so it’s time to break out the shearling. GW B-6 and ELC officer pinks.
CFA5D13A-C3D3-4BD9-95F6-CC6A8A86A96A.jpeg

8A5115EF-9516-4AFB-9D4C-BAE0D1D9D189.jpeg

91C2E4FE-57F6-499E-A833-16357208E8BA.jpeg

Chandler

@mulceber -- Jan, it snowed here Monday and it's supposed to be in the 70s Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday! Not headed your way?

It's been so cold here, I almost pulled out the N-3B. Glad I didn't put the A-2s away yet.

YoungMedic

HOORAY !!!
Waited 6 months for jacket weather and it arrived today. It was 43F/6.1 C this morning and it’s 57F /13.8 C now . Decided to celebrate with an Original Aero A2 . Jacket was made in 1942.
View attachment 84796View attachment 84795View attachment 84794
Indeed ! I had an outdoor planning meeting this morning and I was the only Floridian dressed for the windchill in my 70’s Star G1 and Pike Bros watch cap, sorry no pics though . That Aero is a real gem Burt

entertainment

John,

What leather JC used on this one? And is it based on an original, I mean the leather and color?

D
Here is what JC said about the leather: "This is a jacket that tested a goatskin format I used on the Pritzker that you have, but I applied brown dye, and then a finish. It's quite different, in that the color is darker, but it also edge-wears in a super cool manner. The stuff looks like it's 80 years old, and I've got about 12 hours of wearing time so far." I think @mulceber might know more about the leather. From what I remember, it is from a tannery in NJ or PA.

Here is a link to photos of the original that John used for the pattern.