• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

ausreenactor

AMCU GP Jacket...

Cold and drizzly. First day wearing one to work. And its not mine. Got tasked with securing keys to a building being refurbished. Did an audit and locked them away. Since then I have been 'the guy' for the Site Manager to call. Yesterday was unlocking corridor fire doors. Done.

"Is this gear any of your guys?'

Other end of the building. Not us.. I was going to put it in the bin... 'I will do you a favour and take it off your hands.'

That's three now. Issued one, disposals purchase and now this. Microfleece liner is the best part!

20220513_080502.jpg

London Cabbie

AMCU GP Jacket...

Cold and drizzly. First day wearing one to work. And its not mine. Got tasked with securing keys to a building being refurbished. Did an audit and locked them away. Since then I have been 'the guy' for the Site Manager to call. Yesterday was unlocking corridor fire doors. Done.

Other end of the building. Not us.. I was going to put it in the bin... 'I will do you a favour and take it off your hands.'

That's three now. Issued one, disposals purchase and now this. Microfleece liner is the best part!

View attachment 78839
I just got one of these British Army MTP smocks. Unbelievable jacket for £30 :oops: watched some videos on YouTube and picked up a virtually un-worn grade 1 version. It has a slight Stone Island, Soccer Casual, look about it. Problem is you won’t find your keys…
60EBFBC5-C85F-47B5-BF12-F591297097C5.jpeg

FlakMagnet

Goat version looks great. Wonder if he’s still using that thickness..? I would thank you to know, When did you purchase this Sir..?
Early this year via AVI Leather on Ebay. its got a wee factory defect, so I bought it cheap. (i can't remember how much) I don't know much about leather thickness, but it's definitely an easy wear.

CombatWombat

Burt I think there is a gortex version. HOWEVER there is a video where a fella waxes these jackets and they stay completely dry. Material is cotton/polyester mix.
This is my BDU version (I had to get both!!) and label..
View attachment 78850View attachment 78851
I have a "tantalus" smock (got mesh bottom pockets,mesh lining except in the back and fleece lined handwarmer pockets)
Traded a RM back in the early 2010's for my Terra mk3
boots....best trade I've ever done haha!

CombatWombat

AMCU GP Jacket...

View attachment 78839
Geez I love mine for fishing and bird watching....the fleece is the best part of it.... since the outer is "Burning Man" material..... and I wasn't lucky enough to bag the rare as rocking horse droppings FR GP jacket I saw some remiffs in

newagegeezer

Hope this might be of interest .......Last night I caught a 1950 film "The Big Lift" about the Berlin Air lift, has some great shots of landing at Templehof and of course flight gear and not too shabby a story as well, apart from the 2 male leads the others were all USAF personnel. It's on teh streaming version of British old film channel Talking Pictures..... https://www.tptvencore.co.uk/Video/The-Big-Lift?id=b5889670-2a5c-42de-b353-7ad40ee0cf23

I did a search of teh forums and could not see that it had been referred to before

entertainment

Hope this might be of interest .......Last night I caught a 1950 film "The Big Lift" about the Berlin Air lift, has some great shots of landing at Templehof and of course flight gear and not too shabby a story as well, apart from the 2 male leads the others were all USAF personnel. It's on teh streaming version of British old film channel Talking Pictures..... https://www.tptvencore.co.uk/Video/The-Big-Lift?id=b5889670-2a5c-42de-b353-7ad40ee0cf23

I did a search of teh forums and could not see that it had been referred to before
Thanks for the recommendation! Looks like it streams free from multiple services in the USA (per justwatch.com).