• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

mulceber

Out for a walk on a cold morning. GW B-6:
055749B1-57B1-432E-B286-830A15595351.jpeg

coolhandluke

I wonder why they would add a collar stand when it was redyed at the depot? Never heard of that before, any of you other guys or gals ever hear of that, interesting

I'm assuming that it may have been due to a repair that was made to the liner. There is an additional area that is patch repaired below the collar stand on the right side of the photo.

mulceber

The fabric used to line A-2 jackets was prone to developing holes, especially around the collar. That doesn't look to me like an added collar stand, just a patch of fabric added to the inside of the collar.

Edward

Rare April chill today. Cold, Cloudy, windy! Feeling like January came back so I’m out for a walk in what will probably be the last weekend to wear leather and a fedora until November lol! But that wind is crazy cold out of the west so I won’t be out here for very long… I’m such a wimp! Eastman Roughwear 42-1401 P

2177B047-C343-44E6-9E8C-EAD0470B6632.jpeg
AB2910EE-4480-4A88-A0C5-BB4B3BBEB8CF.jpeg

Last edited:

coolhandluke

The fabric used to line A-2 jackets was prone to developing holes, especially around the collar. That doesn't look to me like an added collar stand, just a patch of fabric added to the inside of the collar.

After taking a second look, you are absolutely correct. The fabric does not extend onto the windflap.

917_k

Eastman ANJ-4 at the Goodwood Members Meeting yesterday:

F477AE8B-6C2C-444E-84CD-5A130AAE56A4.jpeg

Jacket came from a charity shop a few years ago (wasn’t cheap! Was discussed on here), yesterday was the first time I’ve worn it. I think I actually prefer it to my B-3, as it doesn’t look quite so military. Either way, it’s a great jacket and super warm, pleased I kept it (putting it on eBay a few times, but de-listed it).