• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Spitfireace

Out and about during a cold spell. Thought I’d take advantage of The weather to put a little more wear into my cold weather jackets. Aero merino Irvin and sugar canes.
View attachment 76746
View attachment 76747
Natalie’s wearing a post-war ski jacket made by Eddie Bauer
View attachment 76748
I'm envious of that Aero Merino it just looks like the real thing. Can't get much closer. I have a real one so I know, but mine is a Devon fleece example.

saucerfiend

saucerfiend

Cold and windy here in Jersey for the next few days. But, the wind isn't getting down my neck.
IMG_0023.JPG
IMG_0020.JPG

Kermit3D

vintage french cyclist jacket i found in Paris. Unfortunately, it is a tad too small,so i hardly ever take this baby out......

View attachment 76752

Fantastic jacket !
It's amazing the "micro-perforated" leather, I've never seen that before on a cyclist jacket.
Too bad it's too small but it's still a great find.
I've been looking for years for an original cycling jacket in my size... it's almost impossible to find.

There is currently one for sale for 300 euros (probably negotiable cheaper) here, but it is unfortunately too small for me too.

B-Man2

vintage french cyclist jacket i found in Paris. Unfortunately, it is a tad too small,so i hardly ever take this baby out......

View attachment 76752
JE
Those jackets were made short. I’d bet if you tucked in the T and wore a pair of high waisted pants it would look a lot better and fit a little nicer. Check out some period photos and you’ll see what I mean.
Nice find …..by the way .

Enigma1938

View attachment 76752
That one seems to have the "german modifications" such as the buttons and the shoulder loops. Even it looks good but if original or not is always hard to tell because there are so many (postwar) upgraded Cyclist's out there....
You should fix the right sleeve before it's getting worse

Enigma1938

Fantastic jacket !
It's amazing the "micro-perforated" leather, I've never seen that before on a cyclist jacket.
Too bad it's too small but it's still a great find.
I've been looking for years for an original cycling jacket in my size... it's almost impossible to find.

There is currently one for sale for 300 euros (probably negotiable cheaper) here, but it is unfortunately too small for me too.
Isn't that the same perforated leather as your gloves?

Johnnie Espresso

thanks everyone for the input regarding my jacket. Yes, that sleeve is an unsolved problem. The thread has simply dissolved over the years, and i still have to find a tailor that i trust with it.... ;) The leather it is made of is indeed peculiar, i have never seen one like that before. And yes, i am aware of these jackets being tight and short, i own two later models, but this one is so short that it`s hard to combine with anything, and i don`t wanna change my whole style for it. Maybe i find somebody who`s willing to trade mine for one that`s a better fit for both of us.....;)