• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Pa12

Fair, although it really depends on the shade. Some of the lighter seal colors are very much a chocolatey brown. Pretty reasonable to call that "medium brown." AAF preferences also seem to have shifted over time as they realized that lighter-colored leather jackets showed grease and oil stains more easily.
I can definitely see that. As an aircraft mechanic I could never figure out why the British mechs wore white coveralls. Would definitely keep the laundry busy.

ties70

Me and my genetical upgrade..pretty tall for a ten year old....

IMG-20220326-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20220326-WA0000.jpg

WPG B-10...

B-Man2

Hard to say about the total numbers. The earlier contracts were mostly (overwhelmingly?) russet, but seal became a lot more common in '42, when the bulk of the jackets were made.
I would suspect that after 42 when most of the original A2’s were being depot re dyed to seal , that the A2’s that were in production were all seal by then . It would have served no purpose to keep making russet A2’s, as the purpose of re dying the existing Russett jackets to seal was for uniformity of color .

Pa12

I would suspect that after 42 when most of the original A2’s were being depot re dyed to seal , that the A2’s that were in production were all seal by then . It would have served no purpose to keep making russet A2’s, as the purpose of re dying the existing Russett jackets to seal was for uniformity of color .
I didn’t know they redied them. Then the bosses did notice.

Otter

Sitting on the balcony, post sundown with the temperature dropping fast, watching the bats fluttering about. Wearing my Eastman Irvin 1940, (pre broken grain version).

RumRunner

Fresh from ebay... Saddlery/Cooper A-2. Goatskin feels a bit stiff and I think the left arm needs some patches. First real A-2, happy to find a size that fits (48 Long)!

Attachments

• acc=1;doc=encoded=-YfVAKFi8Jqdt2OlSrwbwCAmLtHt6c5aoVPq3qW8pQkqtutJcSN.jpg
    acc=1;doc=encoded=-YfVAKFi8Jqdt2OlSrwbwCAmLtHt6c5aoVPq3qW8pQkqtutJcSN.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 152
  • acc=1;doc=encoded=ll63JI9KarmEv-Aw32JknYZUcylfXvsGQ2UYub-FOuJ_iwlR0LF.jpg
    acc=1;doc=encoded=ll63JI9KarmEv-Aw32JknYZUcylfXvsGQ2UYub-FOuJ_iwlR0LF.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 157

newagegeezer

Rocking the first of two Bronco contracts, this one from 1943. Kinda cool to think a 79 year old jacket is being worn on the streets where it was made!

View attachment 76726View attachment 76728

I have the same contract Bronco, didn't know that equated to 1943 so thanks for that info....mine gets worn occasionally in London UK as it's wearing rather nice original paint

Attachments

• bducklab.JPG
    bducklab.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 134