• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

jeremiah

Filson tin cloth short cruiser
B8E83E06-2022-4DF8-8EB2-FB231D905686.jpeg
5A214C3D-D7EA-4F2D-B90D-37FDA628CC6F.jpeg

Kermit3D

Your B-6 is so beautiful... o_O
The fit is perfect !
You must have worn it somewhere, but I can't remember the size of this B-6. It's a 44, right ? no specific measurement ? is it a "regular" size ?

Can I ask how tall you are ?

I'm still hesitating about the contract on mine. I really like the Arnoff, and it's different from what we usually see.
.... But I also like the zippers on the sides (on the Aero contract => Acme) .... anyway I still have some time to decide.

I may ask John for a skin that is a little bit closer to this B-3. The same thing a little darker. I love the shades of dye. I want to make sure it's historically credible on a B-6, depending on the contract chosen.

Flightengineer

This thread continues to warm me, looking at your jackets and the right weather for them. Nice to see so many people who enjoying the weather and nice jackets. Walking in the woods with dogs near my country house, I return home, get hot tea into a mug and open this thread to enjoy your pics :)

Everything here is covered with snow with huge drifts, the frost is stronger than -20 C (-4 F) and, of course, I can publish my parka, but it will definitely not a flight leather jacket, albeit a bit vintage.

mulceber

Your B-6 is so beautiful... o_O
The fit is perfect !
You must have worn it somewhere, but I can't remember the size of this B-6. It's a 44, right ? no specific measurement ? is it a "regular" size ?

Can I ask how tall you are ?

I'm still hesitating about the contract on mine. I really like the Arnoff, and it's different from what we usually see.
.... But I also like the zippers on the sides (on the Aero contract => Acme) .... anyway I still have some time to decide.

I may ask John for a skin that is a little bit closer to this B-3. The same thing a little darker. I love the shades of dye. I want to make sure it's historically credible on a B-6, depending on the contract chosen.

1.85 meters, 86 kilos. :) Yep, just a completely regular-sized 44, as far as I can tell. John made this one for himself and found it was a bit snug, so he offered it to me since he knows I'm his size, minus an inch or so in the shoulder circumference and chest circumference.

I think you could go either way on the contract. There's also apparently a Poughkeepsie B-6, which nobody talks about, although I don't think John offers that one. I will say though, if you're thinking a lighter russet shade, Aero is the more accurate choice, since Arnoff & Poughkeepsie only started getting contracts toward the end, when all the new shearling jackets were seal.

Kermit3D

1.85 meters, 86 kilos. :) Yep, just a completely regular-sized 44, as far as I can tell. John made this one for himself and found it was a bit snug, so he offered it to me since he knows I'm his size, minus an inch or so in the shoulder circumference and chest circumference.

I think you could go either way on the contract. There's also apparently a Poughkeepsie B-6, which nobody talks about, although I don't think John offers that one. I will say though, if you're thinking a lighter russet shade, Aero is the more accurate choice, since Arnoff & Poughkeepsie only started getting contracts toward the end, when all the new shearling jackets were seal.

Yes, that's what I had in mind too. Aero is the first contract that existed in russet and seal jackets (I don't know in what proportions). In 1941 came the Arnoff and Poughkeepsie contracts. Then in the early 2000's a Rough Wear contract came out of the magician's hat. :p
I didn't know that there were no more russet contracts on the Arnoff and Poughkeepsie.

In our conversation, John mentioned the Poughkeepsie contract. He said he'd like to replicate it someday.

I'm 1.89 meters and 75 kg (6'2" and 165 pounds). So I'll need a custom size. I'll have to find a good compromise so as not to distort the original fit too much... but I trust John on that.

mulceber

I'm 1.89 meters and 75 kg (6'2" and 165 pounds). So I'll need a custom size. I'll have to find a good compromise so as not to distort the original fit too much... but I trust John on that.

Honestly, I don't think you'll have to do much. The B-6 is a pretty long design to begin with. Mine goes down to my pockets. So I doubt there will be much that John has to do to get a good fit on you.

I didn't know that there were no more russet contracts on the Arnoff and Poughkeepsie.

I don't know that for a fact, but I know that the AAF pretty much stopped buying russet shearling jackets around late 1941. Maybe there were a few russet Poughkeepsie and Arnoff B-6s? John will know better than me. But it does seem like those two company's run of B-6s mostly or wholly came after the AAF switched to seal.

In our conversation, John mentioned the Poughkeepsie contract. He said he'd like to replicate it someday.

Ooh, I'll look forward to seeing that. I've been wondering how the Poughkeepsie differed from the other two.

Micawber

It's good weather for my Aero Late War Irvin repro on a trip to post a packet. You don't need another picture of me grinning madly wearing it so here we are. I agree with Burt about the label deserving improvement though ...

View attachment 71364

And where pray are all these grinning photos then?

This is the best grimace, sorry grin, I can manage today. Performed while adorned in my re-dyed Aero Noir Irvin....

[Face somewhat fuzzed out to protect the sensitive or highly strung].

IMG_20211221_114702_272~2_resize_52.jpg