• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

MikeyB-17

It’s that time of year again, when the Aero B-3 comes out of hibernation, usually, as in this case, for a fireworks display. This time it was Watergate Bay, and to be honest it wasn’t really cold enough to wear it, or the Buzz William Gibson A-4. Just back from a walk on the beach with my daughter, giving the new Red Wing charcoal 375’s a bit of wearing in.
C1BE494F-71ED-4F31-A23D-D5B1DFC2B7EC.jpeg

B-Man2

It’s that time of year again, when the Aero B-3 comes out of hibernation, usually, as in this case, for a fireworks display. This time it was Watergate Bay, and to be honest it wasn’t really cold enough to wear it, or the Buzz William Gibson A-4. Just back from a walk on the beach with my daughter, giving the new Red Wing charcoal 375’s a bit of wearing in. View attachment 68326
Two thumbs up ….. For the jacket AND the boots .

ausreenactor

Today was Five Star 55J14. We had a private tour of Beauvechain 1 Historical Wing Museum. I couldn't find a Navy aircraft around, so I had to park it about anywhere else... :D

Crew Chief Dad installing Pilot Nugget on board:

View attachment 68320
Too low, let's get atop the C-130!

View attachment 68321
Still too low, maybe I should try something else...

View attachment 68322

Man, that was a helluva afternoon! The kiddo had a tremendous time, sitting in the cockpit of the C-130, the F-104 and the Hunter.

View attachment 68323

The staff from the museum are amazing, to the point they even got the missus hooked! They're doing a tremendous job restoring the aircrafts, preserving them, and working on the displays inside the museum itself. Speaking of that, there was a piece up there that was strangely emotional to me:

View attachment 68324

As you can read, this panel was part of the cockpit of a Ju-88 shot down by Georges "Poupa" Jaspis, a Belgian pilot from 609 Squadron. On the 26th of February 44, Poupa was on a mission over Belgium, and got permission to go and buzz his parents house, situated near Beauvechain, which was used as an airfield by the Luftwaffe. He circle his parents house for a moment, finally getting their attention, and by the time he was almost done, he saw the Ju-88 not far away. In an instant, he was behind him and shot him down in sight of his parents and the villagers who gathered outside. Some villagers rushed to the scene and brought back this panel, as well as the tailwheel and a couple spent 20mm shells from the Typhoon. They gave it to him after the war, and all are now on display in the museum. Now, this story is told by Charles Demoulin in his book "Firebirds", which was the first true aviation book I read as a kid, multiple times, over and over. When I saw the panel, I knew before the guide told us what it was all about. This is a strange feeling, standing in front of a piece of wreckage of one story that was embeded in my memory since I was about 7 or 8. It's hard to explain, but, to me, more than having the honor and great joy of sitting in the cockpits of the aircrafts, this one was by far the highest point of the visit.

Great pics.

Micawber

This morning we had torrential rain and strong winds which fetched a lot of leaves off the trees but it died down around lunchtime and turned into a fairly pleasant afternoon. Pretending it was midwinter I donned the newly arrived ELC ANJ-4. Tis a lovely jacket and not really broken in. I was wearing a fleece underneath which really adds to the Michelin Man look ;) :D
IMG_20211031_152412_543~2_resize_38.jpg

B-Man2

This morning we had torrential rain and strong winds which fetched a lot of leaves off the trees but it died down around lunchtime and turned into a fairly pleasant afternoon. Pretending it was midwinter I donned the newly arrived ELC ANJ-4. Tis a lovely jacket and not really broken in. I was wearing a fleece underneath which really adds to the Michelin Man look ;) :D View attachment 68351
Great looking jacket Steve .
Well suited for layering and keeping you warm during the cold winter months .

Dany McDonald

Running errands in cold rain calls for my very old Solway Zipper + Aero Scotland A-2 42-15142-P. I still think I owe a thank you to Ken for fixing me with my first A-2. It was kind of a apprentice + leather scraps combo at a generous price. I may have it relined one day with the correct pale yellow cotton, it was my decision to go for the orange...

IMG_2891K-01.jpg

IMG_2896K-03.jpg

Dany