• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Thomas Koehle

A2 in black or very dark seal

H5EioEh.jpg

Brettafett

Ah, I think it was this I recalled. Still have to swop out the knits.

Buzz Rickson- William Gibson Black A-2

busdrivermike

Wearing a custom made glad poncho
Walked over to a local pub eatery for dinner when
An impromptu thunderstorm rolled in forcing everyone
Off the patio, they were kind enough to supply some
Glad trash bags for the walk home , became a light drizzle
By the time we finished our drinks and walked / wobbled home :cool:
AF8BB228-69A7-4D34-8B4D-FB788B59263C.jpeg

Micawber

Wearing a custom made glad poncho
Walked over to a local pub eatery for dinner when
An impromptu thunderstorm rolled in forcing everyone
Off the patio, they were kind enough to supply some
Glad trash bags for the walk home , became a light drizzle
By the time we finished our drinks and walked / wobbled home :cool:
View attachment 64937

"Necessity is the mother of invention" as they say but it looks a little large in the shoulders for you. I am not a lover of overly smooth hide but it should get some character as time goes on :D

newagegeezer

Seeing "Ponchoman" has opened the door to a little non flying jacket fun..... here's something completely different, just for fun.
My partner has been conserving a lot of exhibits for a new museum that will be opening soon in Blackpool devoted to Music Hall and associated items, it will be called Showtime !
anyway, she didn't have a large enough costume dummy to see how this would look on an exhibition dummy so, being something of a dummy, i volunteered.
Some of our older British viewers will recognise it as one of Bud ("Underneath the Arches") Flanagan's fur coats ...
So if anyone is interested in old British Music Hall, seaside entertainments etc, she's also done George Robey's outfi'St, Tessie Ohea & Danny LaRue dresses, Punch and Judy puppets etc etc, a trip to Blackpool next year my be fun.
Cheers
IMG_4124.jpg

Micawber

Seeing "Ponchoman" has opened the door to a little non flying jacket fun..... here's something completely different, just for fun.
My partner has been conserving a lot of exhibits for a new museum that will be opening soon in Blackpool devoted to Music Hall and associated items, it will be called Showtime !
anyway, she didn't have a large enough costume dummy to see how this would look on an exhibition dummy so, being something of a dummy, i volunteered.
Some of our older British viewers will recognise it as one of Bud ("Underneath the Arches") Flanagan's fur coats ...
So if anyone is interested in old British Music Hall, seaside entertainments etc, she's also done George Robey's outfi'St, Tessie Ohea & Danny LaRue dresses, Punch and Judy puppets etc etc, a trip to Blackpool next year my be fun.
CheersView attachment 64939

Altogether now ladies and gentlemen....

Underneath the arches...

busdrivermike

since we had 102F today here in South Carolina i post a older photo from Christmas 2012 made in Beijing Christmas eve when we where invited to a gambling-place

yeah - the weapon is plastic and does maybe not really "represent" the spirit of XMas but that's how our chinese friends celebrated

Jacket is a Irvin copy made by noble house with all the flaws and "loose interpretations" rather than a 100% reproduction

nhBpmLQ.jpg
I keep thinking about one of the noble house Irvin jackets, personally I like the look of them

Thomas Koehle

I keep thinking about one of the noble house Irvin jackets, personally I like the look of them

i always liked the jacket and i think it is really worth the money - the extra-pockets which ain't historically correct give the extra room to store and carry stuff

sznx4AE.jpg

i was at NOBLE HOUSE couple of months ago with my son - he checked their D1 jacket which i actually liked

l5db8vf.jpg

London Cabbie

Ivy League Style…Also appearing in ‘The Colditz Story’

EA188748-D162-4A10-B4EF-1D3623C786E5.png
1A71F801-504B-415C-B3AB-B7E918F8E058.jpeg
243CCAD9-7781-44DB-9C33-B28757AEAF89.jpeg

Last edited:

ausreenactor

Need a Sopwith! Complete the look.

Nicholas Ford

Not sure where to post this, but does anyone know the brand or anything about this? Bought it cheap, I know it’s a reproduction but has zero tags and is falling apart

Attachments

• 33C692DC-45E5-4F9A-9BE2-20BE8030657C.jpeg
    33C692DC-45E5-4F9A-9BE2-20BE8030657C.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 132
  • 6A6B2483-9795-4FE4-8CF9-BDC2AC2039D0.jpeg
    6A6B2483-9795-4FE4-8CF9-BDC2AC2039D0.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 125