• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Micawber

Cold, windy and cold ...did I mention it was cold? Time to break out the redyed (exterior) black Aero Irvin again for a combined pup training, fence and stray sheep & lamb check perambulations this afternoon.

20210415_141417.jpg

Micawber

Steve I just learned Keith Richards's prized guitar is named Micawber, any coincidence? It's quite an unusual name (word?)

I know nothing about Kieth Richard's guitar. However, Micawber is a character in the novel David Copperfield by Charles Dickens. The character was said to be based on the author's own father who was always hard up for money and in debt. Wilkins Micawber's overriding belief and expectations are that "something will always turn up" ..and I suppose I live by that maxim too.

Edited to add the above article also mention's Richard's guitar etc.

Micawber

Quite literary.

You beat me to it. I love most of Dickens works and have read quite a bit about the man himself ...I also like wearing top hats and tailcoats but that is a whole different story :D :D :D ;)

"Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen nineteen and six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery"

YoungMedic

I know nothing about Kieth Richard's guitar. However, Micawber is a character in the novel David Copperfield by Charles Dickens. The character was said to be based on the author's own father who was always hard up for money and in debt. Wilkins Micawber's overriding belief and expectations are that "something will always turn up" ..and I suppose I live by that maxim too.

Edited to add the above article also mention's Richard's guitar etc.

Thank you, I suppose I will add David Copperfield to my reading list :)