• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Edward

Taking advantage of this one day of cool cloudy “leather weather” before the heat of the week... original Aero Leather Clothing Co. 21996 contract A-2 and some source material in the background :D (damn I’m a handsome bastard!)

32740C99-1874-4D68-8CC4-DF60C9ABAF6B.jpeg

19411F4F-FBF2-4CC7-9405-F13285666EAD.jpeg
39912A9A-66A3-4B35-BB8C-0C3F4B5AAE54.jpeg
12D114B4-7D92-474E-8C26-BA8771215953.jpeg
95E43DF7-5CF5-4EC7-92AE-ED7E1DE4A50E.jpeg
661B1AE5-6DAC-4ADD-B45F-DA1DF0C65B38.png

IMG_8943.jpg

Last edited:

Lord Flashheart

At the risk of copping some comments ... Assos AirJack 851 for a bike ride out to Hardwick Station 104 to pay my respects at a little memorial tucked behind a hedge. Rode over Tibenham Station 124 on the way to Hardwick mindful that I believe today is the anniversary of the day James Stewart was conscripted into the USAAF. On the way home took in Thorpe Abbotts Station 139 home of the "Bloody 100th" though it's museum is sadly shut for now. 50 good miles in a fresh old breeze!
IMG_9076.jpeg
IMG_7947.jpeg
IMG_5196.jpeg

Persimmon

A great well planned and thought out trip.
But no. Bad move.
If something had happened to you on the road. The NHS is already so badly over stretched and has more than enough to deal with - that a road accident or worse.
Never mind potential social interaction etc etc.
Its hardly setting a good example when the whole world seems to be going to hell in a hand cart.
The government say stay at home. People need to understand that that advise is there for good reasons.
Could you not have just done that trip on the computer with your mind.

Lord Flashheart

A great well planned and thought out trip.
But no. Bad move.
If something had happened to you on the road. The NHS is already so badly over stretched and has more than enough to deal with - that a road accident or worse.
Never mind potential social interaction etc etc.
Its hardly setting a good example when the whole world seems to be going to hell in a hand cart.
The government say stay at home. People need to understand that that advise is there for good reasons.
Could you not have just done that trip on the computer with your mind.

Well, I disagree as you might expect. The government has not banned cycling. For now. Doubtless it will but it has not done that yet. And given the country roads I cycle, the few cars on them and keeping a very good distance from all I am content with my own risk assessment. In comparison I have seen deplorable behaviour within the community and I make my own judgement of all this. I won't comment further but I quite understand your point and your freedom to make it.

Edward

Well, I disagree as you might expect. The government has not banned cycling. For now. Doubtless it will but it has not done that yet. And given the country roads I cycle, the few cars on them and keeping a very good distance from all I am content with my own risk assessment. In comparison I have seen deplorable behaviour within the community and I make my own judgement of all this. I won't comment further but I quite understand your point and your freedom to make it.
agreed. its perfectly safe and legal to go outside, get exercise and breathe the air. while many businesses in the US are shut down its due to keeping crowds from forming and general contact or handling items others would then handle such as items you would find in restaurants.. Going out for a walk is actually encouraged they just want people to keep their distance, don't shake hands and wash your hands. interestingly enough, McDonalds down my street is open and I saw cars in the drive thu. I don't eat that crap and I personally wouldn't order anything being handled by strangers in a fast food restaurant. But I'm not going to be a shut in. When they say stay home they don't mean lock yourself in your house and don't go outside. just be prudent, wise, clean and courteous.

Persimmon

Almost forgot!! I also got this, just the typical part of Saturn V rocket....View attachment 34039

I am sorry but this is just socially irresponsible.
Please wake up and see the danger you are causing.
I appreciate you think it’s ok.
Just look at Italy and Spain etc. We are two weeks behind them on the planning curves here in the UK.
Try and support the NHS and the medical services. Please please reconsider.

blackrat2

I am one! and for my own sanity I will ride alone from anyone, your point is good and refers to the fools who continue to gather in crowds totally oblivious to social distancing.