• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Smithy

Bad luck Tim, that's the second broken minor digit I've read about in the last week. Hope it fixes soon.

Thanks mate. It's not a big deal and you can't do much about them anyway, I just taped it up to the ring finger. Playing cricket I've broken two fingers and another one I broke in a tackle playing rugby. My daughter gleefully announced when she saw it, "now you're going to have a collection of wonky fingers!" ;-)

busdrivermike

Brrrr dropped to -10c so back into my woolly bully friend
As I go to the gym and the dentist :D but it’s beside a great selfie spot :cool:
6BE97262-2445-463D-80F8-DD9AD29B6CF7.jpeg

Lebowski

You might not want to sell to this guy.
I would like to do another small review comparing the zippers on both ELC. Talon vs Crown

Well the Talon one is just another level. No wave effect and i can close it with one hand only without even having to hold the jacket with the other hand...it is so smooth!!

The Crown just sucks :/ even closing it with both hands, it gets stuck several times on the way up

Can someone tell me which model is exactly the Talon one?

Please see photos below
View attachment 31347
Ready to buy that light brown one from the right with Crown zipper, to make things being smoother)

Flightengineer

Cool patch

Thanks, this japan repro patch made in early 60s in Japan as well as 41st TCS patches that were used in the late 40s when this squadron was based on Tachicawa Air Base. This is the patch that 41st TCS crews used only when they were based on Tachikawa AB not far from Tokyo (not the official approved 41st squadron patch ).
SQN had C-47 and C-46 planes in this period, the winter weather was very wet and the rains gave a lot of mud - this is reflected in the patch theme : "angry" C-46 plane, trying to take off and snatch gears from the mud of the Tachikawa's runway . It is unlikely that was a lot of mud on the runway, but on the taxiways was probably. Fuji Mountain on the background.

Smithy

Thanks, this japan repro patch made in early 60s in Japan as well as 41st TCS patches that were used in the late 40s when this squadron was based on Tachicawa Air Base. This is the patch that 41st TCS crews used only when they were based on Tachikawa AB not far from Tokyo (not the official approved 41st squadron patch ).
SQN had C-47 and C-46 planes in this period, the winter weather was very wet and the rains gave a lot of mud - this is reflected in the patch theme : "angry" C-46 plane, trying to take off and snatch gears from the mud of the Tachikawa's runway . It is unlikely that was a lot of mud on the runway, but on the taxiways was probably. Fuji Mountain on the background.

I agree it's one of the best looking patches there is. Your B-15A really does look great Dmitry and you couldn't get a more perfect fit, just spot on. You've got that nice roll-neck jumper that you bought a year or two back from a crowd in the UK. Who did the jumper again?