• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Smithy

Think you forgot to attach pics, Smithy...
;)

No pics as I was by myself and I can't do the selfie thing and get a proper snap without a mirror. If I can wangle something tomorrow I'm try and take a photo. I'll leave the beanie out though otherwise you'll all be terribly jealous.

A2 B3au

I would like to do another small review comparing the zippers on both ELC. Talon vs Crown

Well the Talon one is just another level. No wave effect and i can close it with one hand only without even having to hold the jacket with the other hand...it is so smooth!!

The Crown just sucks :/ even closing it with both hands, it gets stuck several times on the way up

Can someone tell me which model is exactly the Talon one?

Please see photos below
View attachment 31347View attachment 31348View attachment 31349
Am I right in thinking your A2 with the crown is less than a year old??? And it’s wavy like that already ??

Today I’m in a shearling lined hybrid G1/A2 goatskin jacket by LL Bean from the 1980's as best as I can determine. It’s quite warm in the body but at -25 C I did feel the coolness in the arms as they are insulated with a synthetic material. It would be nice if the arms were lined with shearling as well.

78gJ2G0l.jpg

crism1

Potato quality fit-pics of my new Irvin by Aero. I was very anxious by the fit since I ordered months ago a 38 from WPG and I could literally swim in it, the proportions were completely off. However, with extreme patience, Ken lead me to the perfect size, gave e some advice and the fit is exactly how I wanted it to be, not too bulky but neither super slim fit (i could very well wear a heavy sweater and zip it with no problem).

Also, I live in Northern Italy, and I was a bit afraid about the warmth of the jacket by the account of many people throughout the internet by these being extreme-weather jackets to the point of overheating with the slightest movement. Well, it may be the fact that I'm originally from South Italy and used to super hot weathers and I'm super susceptible by cold, but I walked 4km in it the other day with 13 C under the sun and I didn't feel overheated at all. I'm using it every day since it arrived and I'm beyond happy with it

PS I love how the leather stacks up on the belt when buckled up and curls towards the outside at the bottom

crism1

How many weeks did you have to wait for delivery?
For me it will take some time, unfortunately.

I ordered it the 20th of October, it took a bit more than 12 weeks but I guess some of the reasons it too so "long" were holidays plus pre-winter season. If you order now maybe could be less

Last edited:

MrProper

I ordered it the 20th of October, it took a bit more than 12 weeks but I guess some of the reasons it too so "long" were holidays plus pre-winter seasons. If you order now maybe could be less

Thank you.
I'm afraid that I will have to wait at least that long.
But Holly also announced it.
My order was placed on 11th of December.

saucerfiend

Potato quality fit-pics of my new Irvin by Aero. I was very anxious by the fit since I ordered months ago a 38 from WPG and I could literally swim in it, the proportions were completely off. However, with extreme patience, Ken lead me to the perfect size, gave e some advice and the fit is exactly how I wanted it to be, not too bulky but neither super slim fit (i could very well wear a heavy sweater and zip it with no problem).

Also, I live in Northern Italy, and I was a bit afraid about the warmth of the jacket by the account of many people throughout the internet by these being extreme-weather jackets to the point of overheating with the slightest movement. Well, it may be the fact that I'm originally from South Italy and used to super hot weathers and I'm super susceptible by cold, but I walked 4km in it the other day with 13 C under the sun and I didn't feel overheated at all. I'm using it every day since it arrived and I'm beyond happy with it

PS I love how the leather stacks up on the belt when buckled up and curls towards the outside at the bottom

That looks great! You must be thrilled!

Brian