• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

CoopDog

My first leather jacket. I have had it for 27 years; a lambskin (I think.) My A-2 is out being repaired.

Serghei87

yahoo Japan auctions are the next ebay and my current fascination. Ianded this Buzz for $500. Size 44, unbelievable. Should be here in a few days. :) Have been reading all about VF-111 and the F-8 Crusader in the meantime!

View attachment 28698
I thought they do not ship outside Japan on their auction websites. How did you make them to ship outside Japan?

Could you copy paste here some links if these japanese auctions sites?
Thanks!

Griffon_301

The main Problem with Asian stuff, even Buzz Rickson garments is the sizing...some of their jackets (N-1, deck hook jacket, peacoat) easily fit bulkier frames like mine while a B-10 from them in size 44 I once tried would not fit at all. That B-10 felt more like a trim size 42 than a 44 compared to my ELC B-15 in 44...
On the other hand, their t-shirts and sweatshirts are great and an XXL shirt translates into a very smooth fitting size 44 for me...

Smithy

Had to do a ton of stuff outside today, physical work lifting and carting stuff around and it was nippy, -2 and with wind. I used my 1944 pattern Marsh (Sumpfmuster) parka which I usually wear going up to the mountains and out in the woods but there was the odd snow flurry and the parka is built like the proverbial brick outhouse so perfect for doing manual labour in bad conditions. I absolutely love this jacket and it's easily one of the best bits of outdoor clothing I have.

Last edited:

Nickb123

I thought they do not ship outside Japan on their auction websites. How did you make them to ship outside Japan?

Could you copy paste here some links if these japanese auctions sites?
Thanks!

Yup, Buyee. Finally figured it out myself. How it works: you pay for the item after winning the auction, then the merchant ships it to a warehouse in Japan, where it is kept for up to 30 days (unless you cancel the order). Sometime in that 30 day window you select your shipping preference (EMS is best) and from there it ships to wherever you are. Some merchants will skip the warehouse part and ship direct I believe, and they will state so on the product listing.

crism1

Shame a lot of the latest WPG stuff just isn't to the same standard anymore.

I guess it's a bit of a hit or miss. I have a UK ww2 blouse from them which is very very nice for the price, very sturdy and thick wool, but a couple of months ago I tried and bought an Irvin which was absolutely awful. The leather was spongy and the laquer was already coming off, the buckle was awful quality and broke immediately, the shearling had a polyester feel. I returned it immediately the day after and ordered an Aero Irvin out of disappointment-rage-impulse

Last edited:

B-Man2

yahoo Japan auctions are the next ebay and my current fascination. Ianded this Buzz for $500. Size 44, unbelievable. Should be here in a few days. :) Have been reading all about VF-111 and the F-8 Crusader in the meantime!

View attachment 28698
I realize I’m not the brightest bulb on the Christmas Tree, but I looked at Yahoo Japan and would you please clue me in on how you translate the Japanese on that website to find what your looking for and trying to purchase .

Smithy

I guess it's a bit of a hit or miss. I have a UK ww2 blouse from them which is very very nice for the price, very sturdy and thick wool, but a couple of months ago I tried and bought an Irvin which was absolutely awful. The leather was spongy and the laquer was already coming off, the buckle was awful quality and broke immediately, the shearling had a polyester feel. I returned it immediately the day after and ordered an Aero Irvin

I actually have one of their very first pre-production, first generation A-2s and it's actually a really surprisingly great jacket. The knits are shit and it doesn't have the microscopic attention to details but in terms of leather (and most importantly hand and how it drapes, it drapes just like the real thing), pattern and fit, it's actually a damn good jacket, and it's spectacularly well made - not over-engineered or pedantically precise, just well put together and able to put up with a lot of abuse, much like the real thing. Of course when they released them they weren't nearly as good, and now they've even gone on to fuck up the zippers and put interior pockets and that sort of thing.

Not the best photo but it's the only one I have on my Imgur account thing at the mo...

tjwCkZr.jpg

Griffon_301

I realize I’m not the brightest bulb on the Christmas Tree, but I looked at Yahoo Japan and would you please clue me in on how you translate the Japanese on that website to find what your looking for and trying to purchase .

I use the buyee app on my android smartphone on Chrome browser...there is a translate button included from Chrome that helps a lot in that regard :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191220-223848_Buyee.jpg
    Screenshot_20191220-223848_Buyee.jpg
    863 KB · Views: 156

Nickb123

I simply copied and pasted the text and did a google translate!