• Hey guys, I had to upgrade the VLJ software because the old one is being phased out. Please let me know of any issues in the SITE UPDATE THREAD. Thanks!

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Flightengineer

@Flightengineer where did you buy that Yeager nametag?
It came to me with this jacket (as also the Edwards AFB patch) and were sewn on, I bought this MA-1 month ago from one guy from Ohio. The jacket was not accompanied by any history, I don't know how it came to the seller, so the question of ownership is difficult to discuss. In any case, as you understand, I couldn't pass by with my love to old nylon.
This is 1961 original jacket, and nametape and patch looks as old as this jacket.

She has knitwear in excellent condition compared to my other Skyline, but she is more worn out. There are places of local discoloration, I was afraid to give she a full dry-cleaning, limiting myself with my own careful efforts.

Last edited:

Wholenineyards

I am so luckily unlucky. We have 16 °C, strong breeze at the coast and I am temperaturely smitten. But: All the darn options this produces. Should I wear A-2/ G-1 leather? Or L-2 light Nylon? I could even get away MA-/ B-15ish. 37J1 Cloth? Or a TMC Civil Flight Instructor mix of all the jacket goodness? It's a really bad case of indecision. I hate it. How is your all's day?

B-Man2

I am so luckily unlucky. We have 16 °C, strong breeze at the coast and I am temperaturely smitten. But: All the darn options this produces. Should I wear A-2/ G-1 leather? Or L-2 light Nylon? I could even get away MA-/ B-15ish. 37J1 Cloth? Or a TMC Civil Flight Instructor mix of all the jacket goodness? It's a really bad case of indecision. I hate it. How is your all's day?
It is s struggle sometimes isn’t it!