• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Brettafett

I wore my Bronson '55 MA-1 to a job interview with an aviation company, and I got hired! :) Not as a pilot unfortunately, but to an office position, but it's pretty cool nonetheless :) Sorry, no pics, I wouldn't have wanted to start my career there being the weirdo taking elevator shots :D
Do tell us more Greg. What you got your mittens into now?

Pilot

I wore my Bronson '55 MA-1 to a job interview with an aviation company, and I got hired! :) Not as a pilot unfortunately, but to an office position, but it's pretty cool nonetheless :) Sorry, no pics, I wouldn't have wanted to start my career there being the weirdo taking elevator shots :D
Hey! Glückwunsch!!! Congrats! Felicitations!!!
Greg! I am very happy ....and proud of you.......
You are a real fighter and not crying ...why not me ?? etc...
Greg...Congrats.

Griffon_301

You look great in the Irvin and the A2 @MeachamLake!
I have the same Irvin from them and love it...it is the better jacket compared to the B3 IMHO too :) I am glad I bought it last year before their price increase, the B6 this year was expensive enough...or so my significant other says

A2 B3au

A76A4B8F-2B6F-4272-B775-5805DA31A86D.jpeg
Irvin looks banging on you mate, I need me one of those one day not sure if I’d choose aero or Eastman at the mo.. Here’s my ELC roughwear 27 sanc it’s the same model as Nkangs anyway in a size 40

jeremiah

That’s amazing. I can’t get that wear on my ELC for nothing. I even let the dog jump up and scratch it hit the darn scratches eventually disappear. Ha.

stanier

At the ELC pop up today. Picked up my M422a (fantastic - review coming soon).

Tried on loads - two particular jackets stood out.

Battle of Britain Irvin...love it. Would need extra body length but size 46 is spot on. Surprised how much I preferred the Irvin over the B3. They had a Devon Fleece which I also tried on, but I didn’t feel its worth the considerable premium!

Second is the Rough Wear Winter Mod...this is the standout A2 for me. I know some have scoffed at the price - I know I did! - but it really is incredible in the flesh. The leather is simply outstanding both in look and feel. Obviously it is too short for me, but size 46 is spot on.

Rob said no immediate plans to roll this new leather out across the range, but they may do in time.

88-B7-A624-9674-4-F04-AC1-F-AA02-EA97-F1-DD.jpg
5-D638797-4-A0-F-4584-AC4-F-18632-BD88787.jpg
Lovely jacket fits. I’m completely bemused why you think you need longer though. That Irvin looks lovely. Any longer and it would cease to look authentic and like a fashion jacket, imho.

Lebowski

You might not want to sell to this guy.
Congrats Greg!!)

A2 B3au

That’s amazing. I can’t get that wear on my ELC for nothing. I even let the dog jump up and scratch it hit the darn scratches eventually disappear. Ha.
U know what Jeremiah I think it’s a case of wearing it as much as poss and it will take care of itself. That’s obviously the case with that roughwear of mine as I was gifted it from a chap in Australia that I met on Facebook and he wore it riding his bike which has given the A2 some pretty fine patina,I’ll take some pics to show you,thing is it’s gotta be 10 years old but smells like really strong horsehide it still squeaks but fits like a new jacket compared to a brand new star sports

Attachments

• 45307E3B-6663-4319-A1AA-292096292564.jpeg
    45307E3B-6663-4319-A1AA-292096292564.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 178
  • F691C927-1D1B-4B24-8213-7E1A5314B2F4.jpeg
    F691C927-1D1B-4B24-8213-7E1A5314B2F4.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 187

B-Man2

Cool enough today for a recent purchase A2 from S&M Wholesale. The jacket is Goatskin in size 46. As you can see, I could have easily fit into a size 44, as the sizes seem to run a little large. I’m not worried about the sleeve length as they will shorten with time and wear. The jacket actually looks better in person than in the photos and is worth the $399.00 price.
FD15D92E-86AF-4F41-9BA6-56CED5815140.jpeg
9171B3AF-9E4B-4F3E-A632-528439A780D3.jpeg

MeachamLake

Lovely jacket fits. I’m completely bemused why you think you need longer though. That Irvin looks lovely. Any longer and it would cease to look authentic and like a fashion jacket, imho.

The camera does lie slightly - they were both too short to different extents. The A-2 is obviously so, the Irvin felt okay when stood still but a little short when moving about as it starts to ride up. Rob agreed some extra length would be ideal so I’m not making this up, I swear! :)