• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Teddy

For wartime fit perhaps...but I would want an inch extra on the length. Peacetime fit ;) haha!
It seems that all my keepers right now are wartime fit in back length, something I got used to now. At least you know no other jacket's got the same short yet sharp look. My W&G M422a was seriously a real head-turner when I wore it out the other day! If it looks good, it's good even if with a little imperfection. Those two jackets look amazing on you, esp. the winter mode!

Flightengineer

Cool enough today for a recent purchase A2 from S&M Wholesale. The jacket is Goatskin in size 46. As you can see, I could have easily fit into a size 44, as the sizes seem to run a little large. I’m not worried about the sleeve length as they will shorten with time and wear. The jacket actually looks better in person than in the photos and is worth the $399.00 price.View attachment 11636 View attachment 11635

I really like the color.
The jacket requires wear, I think it will be very beautiful with time

Officer Dibley

Cool enough today for a recent purchase A2 from S&M Wholesale. The jacket is Goatskin in size 46. As you can see, I could have easily fit into a size 44, as the sizes seem to run a little large. I’m not worried about the sleeve length as they will shorten with time and wear. The jacket actually looks better in person than in the photos and is worth the $399.00 price.View attachment 11636 View attachment 11635

Burt, that looks great. It looks like the same sort of drape wartime A-2's had in the photos but which few modern makers seem to achive: most modern jackets stand up on their own.
Enjoy it brother !
Dave

Tommy

At the ELC pop up today. Picked up my M422a (fantastic - review coming soon).

Tried on loads - two particular jackets stood out.

Battle of Britain Irvin...love it. Would need extra body length but size 46 is spot on. Surprised how much I preferred the Irvin over the B3. They had a Devon Fleece which I also tried on, but I didn’t feel its worth the considerable premium!

Second is the Rough Wear Winter Mod...this is the standout A2 for me. I know some have scoffed at the price - I know I did! - but it really is incredible in the flesh. The leather is simply outstanding both in look and feel. Obviously it is too short for me, but size 46 is spot on.

Rob said no immediate plans to roll this new leather out across the range, but they may do in time.

88-B7-A624-9674-4-F04-AC1-F-AA02-EA97-F1-DD.jpg
5-D638797-4-A0-F-4584-AC4-F-18632-BD88787.jpg

Jimmy Stewart called, he asked if I'd seen his Grandson, because one of his A2s has gone missing...

Seriously, you must be some height and build to make a 46 look slim?