• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Technonut2112

That's a Five Star jacket? That looks fantastic? Wouldn't mind one myself.

Brian

Thanks! ;) 5-Star has really been upping their game recently. The 1.2mm goat is quite nice IMO, PLUS, they're getting some Capeskin and cowhide in soon to work with, along with authentic-looking vintage labels, genuine horn buttons, etc.... My jacket has a nice triple-marked Talon repro zipper they stock as well... :)

Techno
This is a cool jacket. It’s away from the A2 mold but still looks like a vintage flight jacket .
Your amazing a nice collection of jackets for sure. Congrats!

Thanks! :) I was wanting something a bit different, and I agree that it does have a vintage flight jacket flair to it. I've been like a kid in a candy store with the inexpensive prices for decent made-to-measure jackets.. ;)

B-Man2

699EDF40-3764-459E-8446-D07D0ABED0BE.jpeg
Another cool morning here in Florida.
Was able to squeeze in some time in a Good Wear Dubow 1755.

Technonut2112

Guilty, your Honour.... I was ordering an A-1 for my father anyway, and thought "What the heck?! Have fun as long as it lasts...!", so I ordered a second "Bronco" from Shawn.

I'll be damned! I thought it was a higher-end jacket. Looks great! The epaulets look properly placed as well.. One of these days I'll get around to an A-2 from them after I'm finished with my wish-list of other vintage leather jacket styles...

Last edited:

Wholenineyards

B1AECC93-AEAE-41D6-A869-B7F512E7F0A3.jpeg
Sunny, cool day at 7 degrees Celsius, I thought an ELC 1940 Irvin size 44 was called for to enhance the feeling of freedom at the airfield... one can easily observe the “regular” short body with fitting shoulders, good chest and comfortable arm length. I should have probably ordered a longer body but I was ordering this jacket together with four others at ELC in say 2007 when prices were different and the EUR/ GBP rate was about even. Plus, when I’ll get older I’ll shrink and will always be cold so my hopes are that it’ll fit more perfect then. For now I’ll enjoy as is...

Attachments

• 06F973DC-6966-46F6-BB66-CBA06E8D5B48.jpeg
    06F973DC-6966-46F6-BB66-CBA06E8D5B48.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 245
  • 99D59CC2-782E-45CE-BE27-F6FC992A2C87.jpeg
    99D59CC2-782E-45CE-BE27-F6FC992A2C87.jpeg
    807.2 KB · Views: 247
  • E7739C82-37FE-416B-BE53-6CB1D82E86AA.jpeg
    E7739C82-37FE-416B-BE53-6CB1D82E86AA.jpeg
    945.4 KB · Views: 248

B-Man2

View attachment 10969 Sunny, cool day at 7 degrees Celsius, I thought an ELC 1940 Irvin size 44 was called for to enhance the feeling of freedom at the airfield... one can easily observe the “regular” short body with fitting shoulders, good chest and comfortable arm length. I should have probably ordered a longer body but I was ordering this jacket together with four others at ELC in say 2007 when prices were different and the EUR/ GBP rate was about even. Plus, when I’ll get older I’ll shrink and will always be cold so my hopes are that it’ll fit more perfect then. For now I’ll enjoy as is...

I think it looks good on you.
As for shrinking, medical experts agree that you start to loose about 1/2 inch in height every 10 years beginning at the age of 40 . So looks like you got a ways to go before it’s hanging below your belt line. ;)

Pilot

View attachment 10969 Sunny, cool day at 7 degrees Celsius, I thought an ELC 1940 Irvin size 44 was called for to enhance the feeling of freedom at the airfield... one can easily observe the “regular” short body with fitting shoulders, good chest and comfortable arm length. I should have probably ordered a longer body but I was ordering this jacket together with four others at ELC in say 2007 when prices were different and the EUR/ GBP rate was about even. Plus, when I’ll get older I’ll shrink and will always be cold so my hopes are that it’ll fit more perfect then. For now I’ll enjoy as is...
you looking great...and for the shrinking..screw the MD’s...( ups sorry)...
Nice car BTW..

Shawn Ali

Can't seen to catch a day not overcast lately... Here's the best I can do ATM with my recent 5-Star Leather rendition of a vintage Field & Stream (Gordon & Ferguson) 'Leather Windbreaker':

View attachment 10955

Had some unruly hair in the back this morning, but this shows the jacket well (Although there's a lot of nice grain throughout which isn't being picked-up):

View attachment 10958

The jacket is made from some very decent IMO 1.2mm goat. Quite substantial, yet supple. It will take a bit of break-in. From just going by some saved photos, I think that 5-Star captured what I liked about the original, with a couple of twists of their own added. Here's pics of the vintage original:

View attachment 10952
View attachment 10953
View attachment 10954
Dear Wayne

You really looks very nice again as always, I am happy to see this fitted you very well, I acknowledged all of your help and interest to keep this job successful and in perfection.

Your are really great

Shawn

Sent from my SM-J701F using Tapatalk

Bombing IP

Hi Shawn looking forward to you making an A2 in steer hide or horse hide .It would be nice to see your house version with correct lining in cotton and a correct label .This is the jacket that would interest me . Also did you manage to procure an original A2 to copy and study ? .

RGDS BIP

Wholenineyards

I think it looks good on you.
As for shrinking, medical experts agree that you start to loose about 1/2 inch in height every 10 years beginning at the age of 40 . So looks like you got a ways to go before it’s hanging below your belt line. ;)
Thanks for the appreciation. One thing is for sure, if the jacket was designed to work while sitting down it does a solid job. I have no convertible car but windows open in the crisp temperatures is a must! As for the shrinking, I have already lost my hair, so I’ll just take it volley if it comes

B-Man2

Thanks for the appreciation. One thing is for sure, if the jacket was designed to work while sitting down it does a solid job. I have no convertible car but windows open in the crisp temperatures is a must! As for the shrinking, I have already lost my hair, so I’ll just take it volley if it comes
I’m with you! I’ve already lost 1 & 1/2 inches. I take it in stride:)