• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Teddy

Long story short, my most recent addition is this Aero Quartermaster's 16160 out of steerhide at size 40. I'm wearing it right now but the fit pictures are of dark lighting and poor quality. Hence I attach this fresh photo of it. The steerhide is thinner and softer than the HH on my ELC House A2, but nevertheless very sturdy and full of character. Enjoying it very much right now!

j8diCvD.jpg

B-Man2

O;)
Long story short, my most recent addition is this Aero Quartermaster's 16160 out of steerhide at size 40. I'm wearing it right now but the fit pictures are of dark lighting and poor quality. Hence I attach this fresh photo of it. The steerhide is thinner and softer than the HH on my ELC House A2, but nevertheless very sturdy and full of character. Enjoying it very much right now!

j8diCvD.jpg
You know what comes next my friend
Find an elevator and show us your stuff;)
Fit pics

B-Man2

That’s a definite keeper. Great fit!
The drape of that steer looks amazingly similar to the jackets in the WWII photos that are posted. I’ve thought for sometime that there were a lot more contracts made in cowhide or steer than we originally thought. When I read the ELC A2 Identification Manual concerning the properties and hides each manufacturer used in their contracts it really brought to light that cowhide or steer hide was used on several contracts.

Teddy

That’s a definite keeper. Great fit!
The drape of that steer looks amazingly similar to the jackets in the WWII photos that are posted. I’ve thought for sometime that there were a lot more contracts made in cowhide or steer than we originally thought. When I read the ELC A2 Identification Manual concerning the properties and hides each manufacturer used in their contracts it really brought to light that cowhide or steer hide was used on several contracts.
Thanks a lot for the comment :)

It seems like Ken's quite reasonable in favoring steerhide as an A2 leather? It might not be so historically faithful to some people but it definitely makes a good A2 look. The leather is so much softer compared to the only HH I have and doesn't really require any breaking in. I'd be curious to see how this one ages! Finally feeling like I can stop looking for A2 now.

Teddy

Classic! Looks great and a good fit. Did you order a Platon Dubow also....?
Thanks Brett. Yes I did. The Platon Dubow will be my final A2 for a long time I think. Both the ELC House A2 and this trainee 16160 I got from Aero fit me extremely well so there's no reason to explore further. Time to start wearing them!