• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Micawber

Dry weather today so a pootle to refuel the ‘43 Jeep and take in a pub en route. Bit chilly for ragtop driving so I broke out the knockabout GW seen here artistically hung on the screen frame…

IMG_2754.jpeg

Micawber

What’s the price of gas your way these days Steve?

There's a choice of two at the pumps these days, E5 or E10 based on the percentage of ethanol. I only use E5 in the Jeep and the pump price was £1.62 per litre. I also add a drop of lead substitute and if I've had to use E10 a drop of ethanol protector additive too. I also filled a Jerry can of E10 for the mowers and other tools, price of that was £1.50 per litre.
My truck is diesel and last fill up a few days ago it was £1.59 per litre. Those prices can be beaten locally but that place is closer and always has E5.

Pa12

There's a choice of two at the pumps these days, E5 or E10 based on the percentage of ethanol. I only use E5 in the Jeep and the pump price was £1.62 per litre. I also add a drop of lead substitute and if I've had to use E10 a drop of ethanol protector additive too. I also filled a Jerry can of E10 for the mowers and other tools, price of that was £1.50 per litre.
My truck is diesel and last fill up a few days ago it was £1.59 per litre. Those prices can be beaten locally but that place is closer and always has E5.
Ouch. Guess I’ll stop complaining. Ours is 1.62 Canadian (.95 pounds). That damn ethanol is a killer. First start of the day with my old carb stuff damn kills the battery. The bowl evaporates overnight. Wrecks seals etc etc. I can sometimes find non ethanol premium but it’s hit and miss. Have to test it every time. Pain in the arse.

Micawber

Ouch. Guess I’ll stop complaining. Ours is 1.62 Canadian (.95 pounds). That damn ethanol is a killer. First start of the day with my old carb stuff damn kills the battery. The bowl evaporates overnight. Wrecks seals etc etc. I can sometimes find non ethanol premium but it’s hit and miss. Have to test it every time. Pain in the arse.

Certainly is. The Jeep is still standard 6v and dynamo but does have a hidden electronic ignition system that does away with the points. If it has stood for a week or more [as it has done a lot this past winter] I use the lever on the engine driven fuel pump to draw fuel from the tank, up to the big standard military filter on the bulkhead to refill that, then across to the fuel pump then up to the carb to finally fill the float bowl. Doing that saves a lot of cranking.

ZuZu

Size 40 Bronson M-421A arrived late last week. I gave it a very slight shrink by washing it on the colors setting temp (around 85° F IIRC) and drying on medium heat. The zipper pull is on the correct side on this jacket, unlike the size 38. Wore the jacket out for the first time today and arrived home to find a package from MASH. After a bit of zipper surgery she looks MUCH better. :)

View attachment 144949

View attachment 144951

View attachment 144953

View attachment 144955
My son got this too. It's pretty perfect.

ZuZu

I dig how my old Eastman has unevenly faded and worn. BTW, folks have trashed the knits Eastman uses, but they've aged well with no issues on this jacket.

View attachment 145175
IMO the Eastman house jackets are a better buy than their maker jackets and the patched jobs. That really old one from the 90s you've displayed sometimes is great. This guy looks great as a generic WW2 jacket. One gets the idea...