• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Pa12

The problem with my offspring is that because they are at school they bring every condition, malady and disease home with gay abandon.

We've had nits, ring worm, chickenpox, mumps, flu, Corona.

I'm just waiting with bated breath for cholera, typhoid, Ebola, St Vitus Dance and anything else that happens to be floating around there.
Oh I don’t miss those days. The minute my son started school it seemed the whole house was sick all the time.

Pa12

The problem with my offspring is that because they are at school they bring every condition, malady and disease home with gay abandon.

We've had nits, ring worm, chickenpox, mumps, flu, Corona.

I'm just waiting with baited breath for cholera, typhoid, Ebola, St Vitus Dance and anything else that happens to be floating around there.
They say that’s because their immune system isn’t built up yet. I get that, but what the hell happened to our immune systems?:confused:

FlakMagnet

The fruits of my loins (ie sprogs) have infected me with the flu or bloody Corona, therefore I have spent the entire day mooching around in pajamas and a dressing gown. I'm hitting the scotch now which should either cure me or kill me.

This then is the inaugural post for VLJ's possible "What dressing gown are you wearing today" thread which obviously would be enormously popular.

Sorry I look a little glum but I feel like 10lbs of shit stuffed into a 5lbs bag. Hopefully the Celtic water will put me on a more even keel in a wee while.

View attachment 128233

Buzz Ricksons PJ’s?

B-Man2

They say that’s because their immune system isn’t built up yet. I get that, but what the hell happened to our immune systems?:confused:
My wife was a 2nd grade school teacher for 34 years. Over that time she built up the immune system of a cockroach. She never got sick BUT … the first two years that we were married I came down with everything that passed thru the public school system where she worked. Turns out that while she never got sick … she was a carrier of everything and would bring it home to me !!!:mad:

Pa12

My wife was a 2nd grade school teacher for 34 years. Over that time she built up the immune system of a cockroach. She never got sick BUT … the first two years that we were married I came down with everything that passed thru the public school system where she worked. Turns out that while she never got sick … she was a carrier of everything and would bring it home to me !!!:mad:
Brutal :(

Chandler

But... your immune system is probably bullet proof now! :)

Enigma1938

oh boy this weather here is nuts... early morning stroll with the dogs in a Deck Hook jacket, followed by the usual groceries and market tour with the missus in a 37J1 and now away to the city to settle some tech problems with the Internet provider wearing my B-3 just for the fun of it...
Indeed the weather sucks. A gimp-suit made from rubber should work great here because of the all-weeks-long rain here....o_O

Griffon_301

... the missus went artsy while we returned from the trip to our INet provider... (ELC B-3 and PapaNui cap)

1000058623-01.jpeg

Chandler

My immune system was wiped out by the chemotherapy and even three years down the line I am still somewhat vulnerable which is one reason I still keep away from lots of people in enclosed spaces.
That's why I left my part time job (retail) at the outbreak of COVID -- didn't want to bring it home to my wife. But she caught it somehow anyway. :confused:

Probably before we all knew it was even in the air.

Micawber

That's why I left my part time job (retail) at the outbreak of COVID -- didn't want to bring it home to my wife. But she caught it somehow anyway. :confused:

Probably before we all knew it was even in the air.

I took part in some research Beta testing for home test kits for T cell response to Covid jabs as opposed to antibody response [it's complicated but they specifically wanted patients who had chemo for certain cancers]. Apparently analysis of my results indicated I may well have had Covid at some point in the past, probably pre pandemic. I certainly had one or two evil viruses prior to 2019/2020.

Getting a bit OT here...