• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Smithy

The fruits of my loins (ie sprogs) have infected me with the flu or bloody Corona, therefore I have spent the entire day mooching around in pajamas and a dressing gown. I'm hitting the scotch now which should either cure me or kill me.

This then is the inaugural post for VLJ's possible "What dressing gown are you wearing today" thread which obviously would be enormously popular.

Sorry I look a little glum but I feel like 10lbs of shit stuffed into a 5lbs bag. Hopefully the Celtic water will put me on a more even keel in a wee while.

20231123_195250.jpg

Smithy

Large aside Tim I'm liking your innovation in jacket posts. It's an original idea with legs (or more accurately, arms) - I must find my smoking jacket ... Best of luck with the bugs and the fire water!

FYI, there will be extra points awarded in the "What dressing gown are you wearing?" thread for smoking jackets (only velvet allowed of course). If you also have a fez you go to the top of the class. Decent booze will also be mandatory.

Chandler

What smoking caps... What pipes...
Caps? New one on me. Examples?

I'm not a smoker (tried premium cigars some years ago, but hated how my mouth tasted the next morning), but one memory I have from my (American Irish) grandfather is his smoking a pipe, so I salvaged his pipe stand/humidor and 2 pipes before the daughters could sell them at a garage sale.

Prized possessions my wife only pretends to understand. ;)

Smithy

What smoking jackets, smoking caps, monogrammed slippers are you wearing today? What pipes, Chesterfield sofas, wingback armchairs, fireside rugs are you using today?

The possibilities are endless.

You see? I told you chaps that the dressing gown thread would be an enormous success. As you sagely opine the possibilities are endless Steve!

So long as no-one passes the port to starboard or blows their nose on the curtains we should be in for a distinguished ride.

Micawber

Caps? New one on me. Examples?

I'm not a smoker (tried premium cigars some years ago, but hated how my mouth tasted the next morning), but one memory I have from my (American Irish) grandfather is his smoking a pipe, so I salvaged his pipe stand/humidor and 2 pipes before the daughters could sell them at a garage sale.

Prized possessions my wife only pretends to understand. ;)
All you need to know [I should think]...

Pa12

The fruits of my loins (ie sprogs) have infected me with the flu or bloody Corona, therefore I have spent the entire day mooching around in pajamas and a dressing gown. I'm hitting the scotch now which should either cure me or kill me.

This then is the inaugural post for VLJ's possible "What dressing gown are you wearing today" thread which obviously would be enormously popular.

Sorry I look a little glum but I feel like 10lbs of shit stuffed into a 5lbs bag. Hopefully the Celtic water will put me on a more even keel in a wee while.

View attachment 128233
My hermit like lifestyle seems to be paying off as I have yet to endure the displeasure of Covid. Hope it passes quickly for you.

Smithy

My hermit like lifestyle seems to be paying off as I have yet to endure the displeasure of Covid. Hope it passes quickly for you.

The problem with my offspring is that because they are at school they bring every condition, malady and disease home with gay abandon.

We've had nits, ring worm, chickenpox, mumps, flu, Corona.

I'm just waiting with baited breath for cholera, typhoid, Ebola, St Vitus Dance and anything else that happens to be floating around there.